Notices

Thread: TT 2016

1. TT 2016 
    Platinum Member
    For my 50th Birthday I intend to ride as a newcomer in the IOM TT.
    And yes, I am mad!
    Has anyone on here done this ?
    I intend to track my GSXR and spend the full two weeks out there.
    I am planning to go over in 2015 to familiarise on a bike (when quiet during Early August)
    Any words of advice on planning, signing on e.t.c.

1. Go steady!
    2. Stay in a home stay. Camping might sound fun but if it rains you're knackered. Cooked breakfast and limitless tea are always a bonus and it costs about the same but book early. Like now!
    3. Don't speed. They come down very hard on people who don't obey the speed limits and the queue outside the magistrates every morning is huge.
    4. Explore. it's a beautiful island and its nice to get away from the TT carnival.
    5. When riding the course Don't latch on to anyone. It could be a local, a racer getting some last minute practice or some knob head with a death wish.
    6. Just enjoy it. It's like nothing else on earth.

As for the qualifying/racing part, you're on you own.
    Good luck!

Platinum Member
    Thanks Wiltshire Builders - a guest house was always on the agenda - I love my food and tea!
    You've obviously done the TT - I can't wait to book it so that I have the date to aim for.
    Believe it or not I can't wait to get that tap on the shoulder to say off you go - go as fast as you like.
    But I will take the time to learn the course and not to scare myself sh1tless and loose my bottle.

Banned
    Good for you hope you don't die but if you do it's a great way to go

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Good for you hope you don't die but if you do it's a great way to go
    I'm too exacting and precise to risk my life Swanny - you should know me better by now.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    1. Go steady!
    2. Stay in a home stay. Camping might sound fun but if it rains you're knackered. Cooked breakfast and limitless tea are always a bonus and it costs about the same but book early. Like now!
    3. Don't speed. They come down very hard on people who don't obey the speed limits and the queue outside the magistrates every morning is huge.
    4. Explore. it's a beautiful island and its nice to get away from the TT carnival.
    5. When riding the course Don't latch on to anyone. It could be a local, a racer getting some last minute practice or some knob head with a death wish.
    6. Just enjoy it. It's like nothing else on earth.
    All sounds like good advice to me! I wish you well Rabb 👍

There was someone who was interviewed during the rainy period on the practice week, and he reckoned it cost around 20k all in to compete, whatever you do, just enjoy it and good luck