Notices

Thread: Forgetfulness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Forgetfulness 
    I thought I'd share a rather daft moment with you all...mainly in the hope that 100's of people will say they have done the same type of thing.

I was out on a ride today...pulled up at a garage for fuel etc then went and parked up in a bay to have a drink and a ciggie.

After I'd finished I kitted up, saddled up and started the bike ready to pull away .....when a very kind biker (that I didn't know) tapped me on my shoulder and said won't you be needing these.......waving my gloves at me !!!!! He'd picked them up from my seat and I hadn't even noticed I didn't have them on !!!!

Please, if you have any, share your forgetful moments hehe

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Muppet Forum section.......as I felt like a bloody big one at the time hahaha

Did something similar today myself.

Went to Fowlers to take a look at the sale.

Parked the bike up, kit off and went off for a wander round.

Didn't stay long as I wanted to go for a decent ride in the sun.

Got back to the bike and started rummaging in my pockets for my key couldn't find it anywhere starting to panic I check its not in my gloves or stuffed in my helmet....yep I'd only gone and left it in the ignition.

So glad no one nicked the bike, and did feel daft.

Must have been the effect of the sun!!

my main issue at the moment is putting the bike in gear with the stand down. you look a proper muppet when the bike sta;;s at a petrol station/car park or anywhere else you might be about to pull away from with the stand still down

I can beat that. Stopped at a service station on the way to catch the ferry at Caen.
    Got back on the bike ready to go when waitress ran out.
    "Monsieur. You forgot this"
    She had my tank bag containing my tickets, wallet and passport.

I stopped by a 4x4 hazard lights flashing late night country lane found a bloke looking throw gap in hedge at main road asked if he was ok yet he said just taking a Piss i road off pretty quickly then

Similar to Matthews677.

A couple of weeks ago went to visit my Mum in hospital. On the way home stopped off for some fuel. After paying, etc I popped it in gear and bike stalled. Did this at least 3 times. Pushed bike to bay to check it over and found the oil a millimeter or so under full. For some reason I thought this was the problem and bought a bottle of oil from the petrol station (what a rip off) then topped oil up and went to pull off again but remembered my stand this time. About a mile down the road I realised what had happened and what a knob I had been.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Done the same with the gloves - filled up, rode away, i was a mile or so away when i noticed my hands were getting cold!!!
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to work one morning and about a mile down the road noticed i wasnt wearing my glasses then everything went blurry lol had to go back and get them slowly

Platinum Member
    A while ago now on a WB ride out to swanage we all stopped at a fuel station and I went off the forecourt for a ciggie, came back to bike kitted up and we all went on our way, great I thought when i suddenly heard this tapping noise around my head and shoulders doing approx 110mph down the dorchester bypass

I'd only gone and forgot to do my helmet up DOH

I forgot what my fellow bikers looked like and joined some others on a rideout!!