Notices

Thread: Is it worth it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's worth it.

I had similar when I started. Give it a chance and we'll talk.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

I had the exact same thing when I turned up for my first night at the h&c. I felt like an outsider looking in on lots of people who knew each other. Now I feel like a member of a huge happy family. Please try again, like others have said, lots of non members go to the h&c as well as just general public; we don't pounce on people like salesmen as not everyone appreciates that approach.
    The next time you go, message me and I'll ride in with you and introduce you to everyone. I love my WBer family, they're a great bunch, I promise.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

Banned
    Thanks Sis

I'm feeling the love brothers and sisters!
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Yep, its a bit daunting turning up to a group on you own, same for me when i first started going, but its well worth an intro when you arrive, like Goldie says, its a great bunch of people

Us members of the Aircooled RD club have the same problem every year on our club stand and at our club rally. People (new members) visit the rally and stand for the first time and if we do not have a welcome person on the gate to catch them and welcome them they go away disgruntled.

If you wanna make friends easy then get a classic bike from the 70's. I cannot go anywhere and stop without someone coming over to talk to you about the bike.
    Always starts - "I used to have one of those" or "I have not seen one of those for years"

Platinum Member
    Best way to get noticed is ' Fall off ' when you arrive *cough* you know who you are LOL

All joking aside as has been said it is very daunting going for the first time and yes some of the members do seem as though they are in there own little 'clicky' groups, But you will find they will chat to you once they know who you are.

I even used to go and I am probably the most unsociable member on here, Not because I dont like anyone its just the way I am Also I have even turned up in the car on more than one occasion and that always breaks the ice

The best welcome I've ever had is at the pub in south cerney when I went to the Chip shop I went to do a U turn in pub car park but there's a vespa meeting going on. I can't wait to go again I was even the lead rider on there depart don't think they would have been as happy if I are my chips aswell I did start from the back but no accidents
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”