Notices

Thread: France and Hi-Viz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. France and Hi-Viz 
    Looks like the French havent finished with Hi-Viz yet - http://ukfrancebikers.com/2013/06/26...pulsory-again/

Banned
    Just another BS tax

thank goodness I am not planning on going there anytime soon. Their rules are silly at the moment.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Bugger. As long as they don't ring it in during the next week or else I'm trapped over here. (I'd rather get the ferry from Belgium than wear a cloak of invincibility)

I hope it never happens, but imagine be knocked off and the bike unable to be ridden. Up pops Le Plod and the first thing they question is the whereabouts of your hi-viz. Many a true word in jest etc...........

I'll have to have a complete read up on what applies at any given time before I set foot out of the country!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Banned
    I think every man woman and child should be made to wear hi-viz whenever they leave their houses.

Don't let these stories put you off travelling through France. I've just spent two weeks touring Brittany and Normandie as well as taking in the 24 Hours at Le Mans. Did any bikers have florescent jackets or have stickers on their helmets, No.

Rode the bike every day and no problem from the police

This is amazing! Wot with Yellow lights to White, then dipped car headlights on during the day, and now this. Oh well! I carry two sets of high viz jackets in the car, and two breathalizers, too, for France. I guess I'll just have to shove a couple in the saddle bags, now ...

Reading the rule it sounds like you don't wear it while riding but must put one on when stopped at the side of the road - so when the police stop you to check that you have your high viz, I guess you have to immediately jump off the bike and go rummaging in a bag or pocket wherever you put it because you are now stopped and must wear it!

Lets hope the French police are never armed...!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...