Notices

Thread: rs125 non start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would like to know what 'something' is out of interest. Sounds like they are just making it up as they are dealing with a young person.

At least they are repairing it under warranty so good result there.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

When he got bike did he do a oil change as I've heard the oil it comes out with is pretty crappy as it used more for storage of bike then regular use.

I'm pretty sure my workshops don't take advantage of a young biker. Its amazing some bike shops actually are generally happy to help.... ffs.

Covered by warranty and the problem was- a power valve had touched and damaged a piston.

All fixed after a long wait for parts. Bike back in one piece and back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my workshops don't take advantage of a young biker. Its amazing some bike shops actually are generally happy to help.... ffs.

Covered by warranty and the problem was- a power valve had touched and damaged a piston.

All fixed after a long wait for parts. Bike back in one piece and back on the road.

The dangers of 'forum diagnosis' by less than experienced well wishers, well done for putting us all right on this one. Do I hear some asking what's a power valve, have they made that up ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986 View Post

mikkie,as you know we have had recent discussions on this subject so i hope you dont think this was a personal dig at you because it certainly wasnt meant as such..my previous comments were based on what i knew and saw and what i was told by the young lad and his stepdad..
    really pleased that the problem is now sorted..
    thanks mikkie and sorry for any offence,none was intended..just felt a bit aggrieved at the time
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

No worries Al.. Just comes across wrong in a public forum ;-) 😎

I never ment my comments to be provisional or at comments of forms contributor. When a garage changed you to strip and clean a bike due to non starting when starter switch is broken it's worth looking at anyones ideas as how to help I can only hope a radom though can only influence you in to better confidence in you're own thinking or experience of others.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”