Notices

Thread: rs125 non start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. rs125 non start 
    lukes friend,craig has 09 plate rs125(2st) that wont start..was ok yesterday morning,then stuttered,restarted then stopped and wont restart..also has a spanner light that flashes for about 5 secs when ignition on..bike turns over and has good spark but doesn't seem to get fuel..any ideas or does it need diagnostic tester
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

The aprilia form says best bet diagnosist test as of sensors. If he's ever near me we should go out and breakdown together somewhere sometime

thats if he gets it started again..lol

I try to use reserve fuel as of bike cutting out better to be safe then sorry just keep reseting odometer

09 plate bike..fuel injection,so no fuel tap!! going in to blade to get sorted as its still under gaurantee

craig finally got his bike to blade who have since told him the engine is seized!! now correct me if i'm wrong but my understanding of a seized engine is one that wont turn over..
    seems a bit strange as when we were trying to start it the engine was turning over quite freely so i'm a bit concerned by the"seized"nature of the engine especially as he was very concientious regarding keeping oil topped up..
    not had any dealings with blade workshops and the bike is probably still under blade warranty,are they trying to stiff him and get out of their warranty obligations..he is a young lad who knows nowt about the workings of a bike,just wants to ride..wouldn't want to see him being taken advantage of,although i think his stepdad will make sure that doesn't happen..

4 strokes don't seize unless they was taking the cylinder out not much can be said to them in my experience blame manufacturer things like that should only happen once in a life time blocked grudgun pin or oil way. I can't let mine run without throttle as it also uses oil pump im afraid they would have to charge you for a block cylinder gasgits and labour expect £1000 at least plus that's could be classed as over heat or driver error good luck don't know if them parts are insured good luck
    Last edited by Birdylegs; 19-06-13 at 12:11 AM. Reason: had to wipe away tears

rs125's a 2 stroke, probably done the ring in. to answer seizing question there are different kinds of seize.
    hot, from over heating . piston swells up and looses clearance in the bore.
    cold from running too cold
    and normal seize could be broken con rod, piston ring broke, bearing/s seized big or small end,or plain ally to steel piston to barrel seize.
    could possibly be nicasil plating in the bore peeling if not done properly. nicasil is a pain as cant be rebored only stripped and replated. sometimes lucky if a hone can take out loose ally stuck to the wall.

best thing is to get a compression test done. weve just fixed a snapped rod from over revving . no compression and when looking in the plug hole piston only moved 4 or 5 mm.
    if its used on a lot of long distance or hi speed runs oil pumpneeds checking for proper flow, if not we advise pumping the throttle occasionally just to keep it working.
    watch gp races, blue smoke on the start line then it clears as oil isn't burnt on slow tick over so its set to get good flow at high revs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_al_+_kate View Post
    craig finally got his bike to blade who have since told him the engine is seized!! now correct me if i'm wrong but my understanding of a seized engine is one that wont turn over..
    seems a bit strange as when we were trying to start it the engine was turning over quite freely so i'm a bit concerned by the"seized"nature of the engine especially as he was very concientious regarding keeping oil topped up..
    not had any dealings with blade workshops and the bike is probably still under blade warranty,are they trying to stiff him and get out of their warranty obligations..he is a young lad who knows nowt about the workings of a bike,just wants to ride..wouldn't want to see him being taken advantage of,although i think his stepdad will make sure that doesn't happen..
    I agree! A seized engine is one that won't/can't turn over, there may be many reasons why, but if it's moving, by definition it's not seized. I hope he gets it fixed and the dealer is honourable over the warranty.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

update on craigs bike,it is being repaired under warranty..apparently something "fell" in the cylinder causing the engine to "seize"..hmmmm..at least its getting fixed!!