Notices

Thread: Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain 
    Banned

The wheat of today is not the wheat of our mothers or grandmothers. Modern wheat is the product of genetic manipulations that have transformed its properties. Modern wheat is now a 2-foot tall, high-yield semi-dwarf strain, different in both appearance and multiple biochemical features from traditional wheat. Introduction of this new strain of wheat was associated with the appearance of a long list of health problems, along with weight gain and diabetes.

According to Dr. Davis, saying goodbye to all things wheat provides outsized and unexpected health benefits, from weight loss, to relief from acid reflux and bowel urgency, to reversal of diabetes, migraine headaches, and learning disabilities in children.

Dr. William Davis is author of the #1 New york Times bestselling book, Wheat Belly: Lose the wheat, lose the weight and find your path back to health (Rodale, 2011), now debuting internationally in over ten foreign languages. Wheat belly has helped spark a nationwide reconsideration of the conventional advice to "eat more healthy whole grains."

Hmm quite interesting, must admit I'm tempted to try cutting it out but it's not an easy task.

I believe there's a lot of truth in this - just look at the number if gluten intolerant people compared to 20 years ago. I don't believe we're simply better at diagnosing or labelling, it's down to the genetic modification of our staple ingredients
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Hmm quite interesting, must admit I'm tempted to try cutting it out but it's not an easy task.
    I'm trying to cut it out, but like you say it's not an easy task, it seems to be in everything I like to eat.

What a load of b#####s, true some people do have reactions to wheat's and yes it is different to years ago, but many other factors account for things like diabetes and weight again. Years ago we didn't have Mcdonalds Kfc etc. Also the vast majority of bread these days is factory made, were years ago it was all down to your local craft Baker.

Multiseed Low Gi bread has been on the market for a few years now and is a major seller in many shops, and according to at least one major professor at Oxford uni a big step in fitting Diabetes as would most breads made by small indepedent bakers. Also many new variety's of Bread are now being made using Spelt flour.

Its easy to say one product (Wheat)is causing these problems but bread comes in many different forms and totally different production processes

Banned
    It's well known that wheat is bad for you, our bodies aren't designed to digest it

...And humans have been eating wheat products for how many thousands of years?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

It's all this living. Studies have proven that being alive has led to death in 100% of cases.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    ...And humans have been eating wheat products for how many thousands of years?
    That doesn't mean it's good for us

When it reads 90% fat free they are selling you 10% of just fat but from what ?

Swanny. I don't know were you get your well known facts from but you could not be more wrong. Wheat contains many properties that are good for you, of coarse eating to much wheat will be bad for you but then so is anything else. But then if you know better than a forth generation Baker with more than 30 years experiece then so be it.