Notices

Thread: Local bike mechanic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Local bike mechanic 
    Has anyone used Master-Tec or Anarchy Motorcycles in Calne at all? I'm after a recommendation as i have an issue with my bike that i need looking at but don't want to go too far (in case i have to ride it there) and it's not something that i could do myself. :-(

Iv used master-tec at Devizes. keith is a cracking guy.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Use master tec (Keith) on a regular basis and highly recommend him......he will even pick your bike up and bring it back.

Keith has just service my zx10 and fitted a new rear shock. He's the only mechanic I'll let near my bike.
    I broke down in Austria last year and he talked me through the problem.
    You won't go wrong with him.

Platinum Member
    Both are good - the guy from anarchy is a member on here too.
    What's the problem? Maybe someone on here has had the same problem or could help you out if you're stuck?

If it can wait they might charge you less as there's winter prices and summer prices

Keith at Master-Tec is not only an excellent mechanic, but goes out of his way to help you and is incredibly fair with his charging.

After having had a major electrical problem with a CBF, the time he had to spend diagnosing the fault would have meant exorbitant costs at any main agent, Keith charged a very reasonable amount which did not reflect the time he worked on the bike.

I cannot recommend him enough. His attention to detail is also extremely unusual.

I've used Keith and my bike is in for Mot with him Friday. Gave me great price when fitted my tyres earlier this year.

Thanks for all the info peeps. Have spoken to Keith and he does sound like a really helpful chap indeed. However, due to his obvious popularity he can't look at my bike for a few weeks and i need it for my work so gotta go else where! :-(

Rabb - the issue is that when the bike is idling it all sounds perfectly ok but as soon as i put it in gear and pull away i get a knocking noise coming from low down in the engine area (i can feel it knocking through the seat) and i'm worried that if i ride it it's going to bust more than it probably already is.

Just guess bottom end oil seals berrings under load not a clutch spring sized all bikes are diffrent phones manufacturer they could do diagnosis thinking you get work dun there to make there money back on giving you the time for quote