Notices

Thread: BLD ringwood

1. BLD ringwood 
    Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thinking of getting my bike MOTd and tyre from them.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

never heard of them. i got my bike MOT'd at hayball in salisbury. they were good, quick, helpful and had free coffee and pool

Had a bad experience with Hayball and they are expensive. They are good but I have lost confidence in them.

fair enough. I got recommended a place in downton for MOT's. Its a little bike shop on the left hand side as you travel to ringwood. Not dealt with them personally but i've had a couple of recommendations to use them

That would be burnout bikes. Last time I went there he told me the bike was good for nothing but scrap. Well pissed off with that. If you are not 'in' with him then he can be a chancer similar to bridge garage in Shrewton.

If you're anywhere near Chippenham I use DC Fry - not the cheapest but very fair and really do seem to want to give you a pass if they possibly can!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

7. Powerlinks Ringwood 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thinking of getting my bike MOTd and tyre from them.

I live 10 minutes from Ringwood and not heard of BLD, what's their address?

I have used Mark at Powerlinks on the Crow Arch lane industrial estate for 5 or 6 years now an all my bikes. Does tyres, servicing, repairs and MOT. He is pretty hot on MOT's so not one to try if looking for some 'leniancy' but if like you me you really want to know your bike is safe and in good order then can't reccommend him highly enough. Likewise his servicing and repairs, really knows his stuff, particularly jap stuff and you won't get fed any bull****. Try him on 01425 472100, you only have to see the bikes he preps to know you're in safe hands.

I tried an ex race team guy year before last to set up suspension, change fork seals and set carbs on my Gixer11. Obviously knew his stuff and talked a good game with loads of race anecdotes and all manner of photos and memorabilia but a week later steering damper bolt fell out while I was riding the bike! Following this I checked bike thoroughly and found fairing screws missing and one fork seal hadn't been changed! Absolutely won't be trusting my life to someone who thinks road bikes are only a means of earning a living.

Cheers Loops, trying to save money but not cut corners.

Trev, their details are below and they have glowing feedback. Can't find anything wrong and their prices look very fair. Apparently all the workers, etc are all bikers???
    Unit 3a Carvers Industrial Estate
    Southampton Road
    Ringwood, Hants
    BH24 1JR