Notices

Thread: New Forums - Your Say!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diamond Member
    Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo View Post
    I'm just a newbie on here, but I don't believe a post should be counted if a member just chooses a smiley or something similar.
    Sorry, I missed your post I wasn't ignoring you. At the moment if a post is below a specific character length it is not counted. Also no posts in the muppets forum are counted at all for the reason you mentioned above.

Banned
    Why do people worry about post counts??

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Why do people worry about post counts??
    Muppet forum doesn't count as the word association thread was mental. Under specific character setting is a default and I don't see why it needs changing, deters people who do care from making single smilie posts to up their count.

Personally I think quality over quantity is the way forward but I have been on forums years ago where people did care when they got to tens of thousands of posts over years. Each to their own.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for being our Geek Dave
    It's Lilac... not pink!

Banned
    Nice one for sorting it all out Dave

Personally I don't see the point in having post counts, I don't give a monkeys how many posts a person has next to their name.
    Some sort of self invented ego trip I guess.

Yes, I'm always panicking about you lot overtaking me
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post

Personally I don't see the point in having post counts, I don't give a monkeys how many posts a person has next to their name.
    Some sort of self invented ego trip I guess.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Thanks for that Swanny!! I got smilies!!

I've got smilies too

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Honestly, I'm struggling with the new forum. I'm trying to get used to it but it just doesn't seem as user friendly as the old one. I haven't even worked out how to put smilies in posts - I did try but am doing something wrong. I preferred the "Last 50 posts" option on the last version as it was a really quick way of getting up to speed with whats going on without having to open the whole thread. I appreciate the reasons for the switch over and I will carry on with the new one but for me its proving less user friendly. Sorry.
    Im with Snowy Im afraid - struggling with the new forum - I can't even work out how to put up my avatar or signature - writing posts I can't work out smilies etc... I appreciate the efforts, but I preferred the old one, sorry!

Thanks to Dave for sorting out these little niggles!

It may be an opportunity to explain why we made the change in the first place to those who don't know. Our old software was great, but unsupported and due to be dropped by the development team. This meant we were getting 500+ spammers clogging the system up daily which meant us admins we're spending literally hours each week removing them. On top of that there was little opportunity to back up the forums properly, so we were at risk.

We chose to move to the current forum software because its the most popular forum software in the world, fully supported by a support and development team, and allows lots of modern features and security.

I likely the current moans to Facebook - remember when everyone was going to stop using it because they hates the new news feed? 99% of people will have forgotten that, even though it was only 5 months ago. People hate change but in most cases, change is for the better

Bear with it
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers