Notices

Thread: New Forums - Your Say!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. New Forums - Your Say! 
    Guys, I realise (as an admin!) that this is not the site section however this is the most viewed forum on here so this is why I am posting this here.

We have had the new forum software up and running for a little over a month now and over this time James and the administration team have managed the migration and managed to setup everything to a basic state with some nice toys thrown in (such as tapatalk).

We were wondering what YOU GUYS/GIRLS think though so we can improve it. There are some things we have not enabled fully yet such as deeper Facebook integration, photo albums etc but we would like to know where you think we should be going?

So spill it, what do you like, not like, want changed, want explaining? Would you like a help/user guide to teach you how this new software works or maybe a test forum where you can post stuff and just play and see how what works?

Fire away folks.

Dave

I quite liked the change of colours according to the amounts of posts made. I was looking forward to turning invisible next.

Otherwise I am getting used to the new way now, did not like it at first though.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    I quite liked the change of colours according to the amounts of posts made. I was looking forward to turning invisible next.

Otherwise I am getting used to the new way now, did not like it at first though.
    A perfect example! This is something we can implement easily enough and is the reason I started this thread so we can see what people want. I shall look into it.

Banned
    Can we have a video link button please? It's there when you post on the persons profile page but not on the main forum

Diamond Member
    Honestly, I'm struggling with the new forum. I'm trying to get used to it but it just doesn't seem as user friendly as the old one. I haven't even worked out how to put smilies in posts - I did try but am doing something wrong. I preferred the "Last 50 posts" option on the last version as it was a really quick way of getting up to speed with whats going on without having to open the whole thread. I appreciate the reasons for the switch over and I will carry on with the new one but for me its proving less user friendly. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Can we have a video link button please? It's there when you post on the persons profile page but not on the main forum
    To enable you to do this?

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/mis...code#videocode

I have enabled now the ability to embed video in posts on specific forums where I think its a valid use (which is most of them to be honest) There should now be a button to embed video in posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Honestly, I'm struggling with the new forum. I'm trying to get used to it but it just doesn't seem as user friendly as the old one. I haven't even worked out how to put smilies in posts - I did try but am doing something wrong. I preferred the "Last 50 posts" option on the last version as it was a really quick way of getting up to speed with whats going on without having to open the whole thread. I appreciate the reasons for the switch over and I will carry on with the new one but for me its proving less user friendly. Sorry.
    Snowy, I checked you user settings and I noticed it was set to the basic post editor. I set it to the standard one and you should now see a row of icons one of which is the smilie options. If this helps let me know as it will be worth making a post for everyone else who is having this issue.

So you know there is a quick reply button and an advanced reply. Quick reply will pop up under the post you clicked on and advanced will load a dedicated "full fat" reply page with more options. Have a play whilst replying to this post I am making and see how it looks.

Also to find all posts which were made since you last visited, at the top left it says "New Posts" if you click that it will show only new things to happen since you visited last.

Banned
    Thanks Dave
    Any chance of a members list??

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post

Snowy you need to go to General settings
    Then click this
    Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

this will let you show smilies and all sorts of other stuff

Thanks Dave
    Up the top. "Quick Links" menu/drop down, I added it in there for you.

Thanks Dave

Snowy you need to go to General settings
    Then click this
    Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

this will let you show smilies and all sorts of other stuff
    Thanks for that Swanny!! I got smilies!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'