Notices

Thread: Paint codes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Paint codes 
    Im in the process of trying to carry out a few repairs to the trackbike bodywork, ive done a bit of filling and sanding, so now im looking to spray it, unfortunately i don't know what colour it is (other than blue),
    Does anyone have any ideas about how i can go about this? tbh i dont know if its even a Honda colour, could be anything really, Cheers Wes

You should have a sticker somewhere with the Honda code, try under the seat...at least then you can find out if it was a Honda one.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

Thank Loops, but i think the bike has been sprayed different to its original colours, but i will give it a look

Hi Wes I bought some paint for the van a while ago, I removed the fuel cap cover, took it in to the Car Paint Warehouse in Swindon, they scanned it identifying the colour exactly . I know its not local to you but if you take a bit of the bodywork into any decent auto paint stockist they should offer this service, they can even put it into aerosols for you.
    Last edited by DC; 11-05-13 at 09:43 PM.

At least if the code comes back as bright pink you know you're looking for someone who can paint match!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Hi Wes I bought some paint for the van a while ago, I removed the fuel cap cover, took it in to the car paint warehouse in Swindon, they scanned it identifying the colour exactly . I know its not local to you but if you take a bit of the bodywork into any decent auto paint stockist they should offer this service, they can even put it into aerosols for you.
    Thanks DC, it would be worth the trip to get the match, im having the suspension set up at MH just outside Chippers, so could pop the whole bike up there

Quote Originally Posted by Loops View Post
    At least if the code comes back as bright pink you know you're looking for someone who can paint match!
    Unless it was this one

You would have to remove a part as their scanner wasn't portable and they disappeared into an office in the back somewhere with the fuel cap cover. They're at Kembrey park on the Ind Est behind George White's.
    Last edited by DC; 11-05-13 at 09:53 PM.

Front mudguard is probably favourite, thanks mate

I think it would be easier to take the hugger off than the front mudguard.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.