Notices

Thread: maxxis tyres..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. maxxis tyres.. 
    anybody had any experience of maxxis tyres,are they generally any good,particularly wet weather performance and wear characteristics..needing new tyres and looking at other options,usually use avon roadriders on the gpz500 and michelin road pilot on the gpz1100.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_al_+_kate View Post
    anybody had any experience of maxxis tyres,are they generally any good,particularly wet weather performance and wear characteristics..needing new tyres and looking at other options,usually use avon roadriders on the gpz500 and michelin road pilot on the gpz1100.
    I cant actually help with your question but if you are looking at Maxxis tyres due to cost, as I know they are often alot cheaper than the well known brands, if you haven't yet looked at M&P direct you might be surprised at the price of a pair of what are generally thought of as better quality tyres. I get mine there and then get them fitted to loose wheels by H&B in Frome for £10 its a huge saving, might be worth a look.

Iv had them on my road bikes and Track bikes... Cant fault them at all. ;-)

I had 4 on my MG at one stage - excellent tyres in the wet and dry.
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im running maxxis supermaxx sports on my zx6r. I'm getting on with them ok in the dry. scrubbed in quite fast and despite being a fairly novice rider, they have given me some confidence. they warm up quickly as well. only downside to them (or me) is that they are horrible in the wet. i dont like them at all when its raining but that is just my opinion. the others in there range are apparantly much better in other conditions

Pilot Road 3's are probably the best wet weather tyre I've used and still do, but they're not the cheapest. You usually pays your money and takes your choice.

had a maxxis supermaxx on front of GSXR...............hated it!! no feedback no confidence

Platinum Member
    I have had them before and found them really good but didn't last seem to last as long as other brands. Yes try M & B they have good deals on tyres - I found Continental are good.

Ive got Conti motions (I think) on my hornet, £130 a set
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

Platinum Member
    I won't come away from Michelin 2CT's.
    They work really well with a GSXR set up dry or wet.
    I had a short daliance with Bridgestones but under hard acceleration (and once on a sweeping bend )
    the rear 'bobbled around' and I lost trust in them.
    I can't believe that I've got 8-9k miles out of the rear!
    Just about to change now and I would not consider any other tyre.
    5*+++