Notices

Thread: Potholes !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Potholes !! 
    Sorry if this has been done before, but was wondering if there was a thread for reporting potholes and other road defects ?

With the nice weather and more people getting out on their bikes theres nothing worse that going into a corner on a road that your not familiar with and hitting a pothole right in the middle of the bend !!

I was going to suggest a thread that goes by road numbers so if anyone planning a ride out could refer to and people with local knowledge could post to.

Pictures if possible would be a good idea

I hate to be negative here but I've reported several to WCC and they do sod all.

The A36 and Warminster roundabout is in a disgusting state and the road past Longleat is even worse along with numerous other roads.

Quote Originally Posted by QBee View Post
    I hate to be negative here but I've reported several to WCC and they do sod all.

The A36 and Warminster roundabout is in a disgusting state and the road past Longleat is even worse along with numerous other roads.
    The roundabout at Salisbury end of Warminster on the A36 has been bodged up many times in the last few months yet is almost always a trench.

I bent my gsxr back wheel last October on the A36 due to a pothole and it was finally filled the end of Feb. I reported it several times and even took to sending the man in charge several abusive messages to try to get some attention but it seems they just don't give a toss.

Sorry I've just re-read your post and realise you mean a thread here on the forum.

Think you'd be better having a thread which reports roads which are pot hole free!

Wouldnt be much of a thread !! lol

Diamond Member
    Try the roads on a pushbike - it'll bring tears to your eyes.......

Banned
    Push bikes should be on the pavement out of the way

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Push bikes should be on the pavement out of the way
    I pay enough roadtax to use the roads ........(controversial I know....)

If there were any cycle paths where I am I would gladly use them...

Had to avoid a dead badger this morning.... does that count as a road defect??? in the middle of the lane it was...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

I reported one on the Mcdonalds roundabout in Chippenham to Clarence (WCC) they looked at it 3 days later and it was 3" deep. patched it that day