Quote Originally Posted by Jacde View Post
You assume that the person because they have L plates is young and is a learner?? There have been a lot of riders on this forum who have ridden for a long time on L plates who are neither youths nor are they in any shape or form 'learners'
At 23 the rider who is referred to above could well have had 7 years biking experience, that's 4 years more than me. Losing control isn't necessarily down to inexperience as I'm sure you are aware due to your vast biking experience and knowlegde. Your first line was all that was needed on this thread.
They rode that close that believe me I could see they were ''young'' and being on L plates means they haven't passed a test hence the person was a learner.

As I said I wasnt judging this very sad accident and loss and I really don't want to be disrespectful by turning this thread into any form of debate.

What I was trying to say is that just perhaps we could all learn from yet another truly sad loss and all take it steady and go carefully regardless of whether we are young old, learners or been riding for years.