Notices

Thread: Sorry to report !! Another biker down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Sorry to report !! Another biker down 
    A motorcyclist was killed in a crash on the A46 north of Bath over the bank holiday weekend.

Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the incident, which happened at 2.55pm on Sunday near Nimlet.

A 23-year-old man, who was riding a Yamaha 125cc motorcycle, died as a result of his injuries.

He was driving south, towards Bath, when he lost control while negotiating a bend and collided with a BMW 3 series, which was travelling in the opposite direction.

The road was closed in both directions for a number of hours while emergency crews were at the scene.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "We'd now like to speak to anyone using the road around this time who may have seen the vehicles prior to this collision or who witnessed it take place."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101.

Banned
    RIP

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

lots of these being posted at the moment, not nice to hear RIP
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

It's so very sad yet another one, its all that seems to be here on the forum lately.

I know we are all so vulnerable on our bikes, and I'm not casting judgement in this really sad incident at all as I have no idea what happened, but I was out on Sunday, I dont ride slowly and a learner on a 125 shot past me on the bends going towards Bradford on Avon. I know we dont always see danger when we are younger and I'm no saint either but I remember thinking at the time that he'd be lucky if he doesnt have a crash riding like that. He'd have had stood no chance if a car was coming and there was certainly an element of luck that his little bike made it round the bends like it did. I guess we all need to think about speed etc and try and be as careful as possible.

Banned
    Life on the edge, some times you fall off..

Bad times.

RIP.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Diamond Member
    Yes I have to agree with a lot of the above - far too many biking fatalities of late. Very sad. RIP

Diamond Member
    As above, its very sad - RIP.

I know it seems to be the case every year that there's a lot of motorcycle accidents happening as soon as the weather warms up after winter. I wonder if this is truly the case or if the numbers are consistent across the summer and its just that there's fewer bikers on the roads over winter, so we notice the statistics more in the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by QBee View Post
    It's so very sad yet another one, its all that seems to be here on the forum lately.

I know we are all so vulnerable on our bikes, and I'm not casting judgement in this really sad incident at all as I have no idea what happened, but I was out on Sunday, I dont ride slowly and a learner on a 125 shot past me on the bends going towards Bradford on Avon. I know we dont always see danger when we are younger and I'm no saint either but I remember thinking at the time that he'd be lucky if he doesnt have a crash riding like that. He'd have had stood no chance if a car was coming and there was certainly an element of luck that his little bike made it round the bends like it did. I guess we all need to think about speed etc and try and be as careful as possible.
    You assume that the person because they have L plates is young and is a learner?? There have been a lot of riders on this forum who have ridden for a long time on L plates who are neither youths nor are they in any shape or form 'learners'
    At 23 the rider who is referred to above could well have had 7 years biking experience, that's 4 years more than me. Losing control isn't necessarily down to inexperience as I'm sure you are aware due to your vast biking experience and knowlegde. Your first line was all that was needed on this thread.
    It's Lilac... not pink!