Notices

Thread: Average speed cameras

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Average speed cameras 
    You know the ones, usually seen adorning motorway roadworks, do they actually work? I've heard a few stories surrounding this, but I really wouldnt like to test the theory, but also I've never met anyone caught out either.

Wes,
    When you are riding along mate check which way they are facing. If they are front facing you are less likely to get caught for breaking the law lol.
    This is because the man hours wasted mean it isn't worth it.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

As Dan said, if they are forward facing I wouldn't worry, don't go overly stupid but you should be fine.
    '12 NC700X

As you say, I also have not heard anyone being caught by them but dont want to test it.

If they are forward facing which most of them seem to be how are they gonna catch you?

Saying this implies I do but I definately dont speed through construction zones as it is too easy for a accident to happen
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Conehead,
    They can catch you by using all the other cameras mounted around the area. I only know this because my mate got caught this way doing 98mph through a 50 average. Needless to say they chased him to ban him!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Never thought they would go to those kinds of efforts to catch someone for speeding when more serious crimes are being committed.

Anyway, I dont need to worry as I never speed.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Platinum Member
    I only know this because my mate got caught this way doing 98mph through a 50 average
    I'd guess they don't go to the same efforts for someone doing 52.

Never thought they would go to those kinds of efforts to catch someone for speeding when more serious crimes are being committed.
    I think 48 mph over the limit is a serious crime and it appears they do too.

What level of speeding do you think is acceptable and who do you think should be persmitted to do it?
    Who gets to decide who can do it before it's serious? you?

Platinum Member
    I only know this because my mate got caught this way doing 98mph through a 50 average

Last edited by Ducatista; 05-05-13 at 07:44 AM.

Diamond Member
    We must not forget that in the main these average speed cameras are sited where extensive road works are carried out as a means of protecting the vulnerable workforce. IMOH, travelling at 98 mph through these restricted 50 mph speeding zones is one of the most effective recruiting sergeants the anti-biking lobby could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista View Post

I wouldn't imagine they would go to the same efforts for someone doing 52, a £60 fine and 3 points for alot of man hours.

Ken: I regularly see cars and bikes come flying past me in these 50 zones, they are there for a reason but if you you hit someone at 50mph they are probably not going to survive anyway.