Hi Peeps
I need some of your vast wealth of knowledge and experience . I have just removed the clutch cover , alternator cover and front sprocket cover of a 2008 Triumph Bonneville 865 EFI for shot blasting and powder coating . Before I removed them I completely drained the engine oil as the bike was due for an oil and filter change anyway .Having re-fitted the covers using new gaskets and Re-filling with new oil and fitting new filter filled with oil I find that after starting the bike to pump the oil around , then leaving it to settle for a few minutes to see if more oil needs to be added , the oil doesn't actually settle back down into the viewing window. With the bike on the centre stand I gave it a shake from side to side and the oil then seemed to re-settle . I've started the bike twice , switched it off to let the oil settle and keep getting the same result until i give the bike a good shake .There's definitely enough oil in the bike WTF !!! Is it possible that There's an air lock or something ???