Notices

Thread: Biker Down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Biker Down 
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

Bad news, RIP
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

RIP
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

If I remember rightly there was a guy killed on that stretch last year on an R1 or R6. Very sad RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Such sad news indeed.

Horrible for all involved and sends a shiver down my spine as I love the roads out that way.

I see the rider was out with another biker at the time and if anyone is reading this who saw anything the Police are asking for witnesses/info.

Diamond Member
    I noticed the road was closed when I went past yesterday and did wonder. Its one of my favourite local roads and can be very fast if you want it to be. I did hear that the rider was on a white Suzuki and that there was a 4 x 4 and another bike (black Honda) involved somehow. Its the second biker killed on this stretch in the last year and there's been numerous other incidents. RIP

It is with the greatest sadness I post to inform all of this great community that Young Jamie Ottoway who rides with the RBLR Wilts group sadly passed in a motorcycle accident yesterday afternoon, with such a twist of irony as there always is in these events we were all sat with him joking and jibing him just the night before at the group meetings, He was so proud as he was celebrating his first year anniversary as a member of the RBLR that very night, at just 22 years old he was certainly an individual you would remember, with so much of life still to enjoy, when you all travel as we will on the memorial run this weekend, please keep a space open in your heart for Jamie and take him along with you all, he will be so missed by of us who knew him and his family and friends, Ride in Peace Jamie x I will keep you all informed of the arrangments, his family have requested rider attendance for his all too short celebration of life, some of you may well have known Jamie, at just 22 he had one of the biggest hearts you could imagine, just the night before we were all sat talking through ways to raise more money for the poppy appeal, well now its our turn to remember him, hopefully you will join us when the time calls x...................... We are just back from laying flowers at the scene with his family, Chills ran down my spine everytime a bike topped the crest of the bend and opened up to overtake blindly, If only they realised why we were all stood there
    Last edited by Gooz; 03-05-13 at 04:08 PM.

RIP Jamie.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Diamond Member
    Always very sad and too young RIP