Notices

Thread: fitting twin horns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. fitting twin horns 
    bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4003298691...84.m1497.l2649 - assuming they would come with the necessary connector to use as a pair but they dont (bike has a single horn at the moment) I've had a look on google but not really sure what I need to look for! is there a simple way to hook them together/connect to the single horn wiring on the bike?

thanks for any advice

Banned

Diamond Member
    The best way is to wire in a relay and power the horns direct from the battery. The relay is triggered from your existing horn positive connector. You can buy or if you're competent you can make your own loom for this.

You can run a parallel set of wire's from your existing horns wiring but it may not be up to the increased current draw and won't be as effective as adding the relay and powering off the battery.

thanks guys - snowy do you have any pointers online for the relay loom? im definitely not competent to make one & havent been able to find one so far

Diamond Member
    I've used this guy in the past although he seems to have dropped the horn looms - send him an email and ask if he still does them.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html

thanks will have a look into it

I've just tried to install twin horns (high and low tones) on my bike, and it didn't work out. I guess you need to install them via a relay, so you get full power ... rather than the diminished power, as per Ohm's Law.

Am taking it to phil stokes to get it done, much simpler for me I think!! :-)

Sorry - cannot offer any fitting help - but its is worth persevering with them. I had the same ones fitted and they are far louder than the orignal ones I had.

i put on just the high one and the difference to stock, and also to a supposedly 120db aftermarket horn is huge!!