Notices

Thread: fitting twin horns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Diamond Member
    I have twin Magnum horns fitted - 139db. Always love to see the MOT tester jump in the air when he tests them!

Thanks Snowy. That's what I'll do. Any ideas on a really good loud twin horn? Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    The best way is to wire in a relay and power the horns direct from the battery. The relay is triggered from your existing horn positive connector. You can buy or if you're competent you can make your own loom for this.

You can run a parallel set of wire's from your existing horns wiring but it may not be up to the increased current draw and won't be as effective as adding the relay and powering off the battery.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanboy View Post
    Thanks Snowy. That's what I'll do. Any ideas on a really good loud twin horn? Richard
    Stebel Nautilus if you can find somewhere to fit it - its 139db same as my twin set up. I didn't have the room anywhere so had to go for seperates. It pulls nearly 20 amps in operation so you would have to fit a relay and power it from your battery - the OEM wiring won't be up to that current draw.

if you have the space for them, I have the Twinz horns for sale http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/sho...487#post450487