Notices

Thread: Biker down

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Unless I got confused by his accent, I think he's got to have surgery, due to it not healing properly.

I too hit a dear once, on the Midford Road, just outside Bath.
    It seems like it's much more common than I thought.

I feel honoured not to have experienced this yet. The closest I have come was with a suicidal pigeon but I managed to duck in time.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

GWS !!

I nearly hit a moose while driving through Algonquin National park in Canada last year, it just jumped out at us !! , the thing was the size of a elephant !!! would have taken us all out for sure !!!

Platinum Member
    GWS Mick.
    Swanny - did you have a word with the farmer?
    I can probably guess which words were used ;-()

As I'm sure some of you guys will remember, I ht a dog on the A361 last winter, that was bad enough, cant imagine the hurt of hitting a deer at 50+ mph

The trouble is there isn't really anything that preys on deer apart from man and we are all a bit prissy about killing anything that is wild or pretty nowadays. Of course it's no problem if said wild pretty thing kills or maims a few bikers or wrecks the odd car. I wrote my bonnie off about 6 years ago killing a suicidal deer near Paxcroft Trowbridge. Accident investigation reckon I was doing about 50 when I hit it, I don't recall any of it, not even the helicopter ride. I woke up in Great Western Hospital Swindon, 1st thought was this smells like hospital - sh*t what hurts? and rather a lot did! 2nd thought was - Noo! I'm going to IOM in 6 weeks! I was pretty lucky and back on a bike inside 6 months with just a couple of residual effects that I get to keep forever. If anyone asks if I'm in favour of culling I'll let you guess what the answer would be
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”