Notices

Thread: help - dead Hornet :(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986 View Post
    Mmmmm

Try the kill and starter switch a few times.. They can get stuck. Just had it on the SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W View Post
    Sounds like it could be a dicky starter switch. Had this on the GS, exactly the same symptoms.

Hit the nail on the head, I just held the starter switch in and flicked the kill switch a few times and it eventually fired up no problem. Cheers for your help, guys
    Last edited by Goldie; 06-04-13 at 12:33 PM.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

fair enough, pleased its sorted. You clean it often? try hitting the kill switch everytime you park it that eay it will get regular use and shouldn't jam again.
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

just a thought ..have you checked the clutch switch,,i had the same problem on my gpz1100,tried fiddling with kill/starter switches and usually started,however one day it didn't so investigated with wiring diagram and found it was an intermittent sticking clutch switch which had finally failed..switch is to stop you pulling away with stand down but on my bike was also part of the starter circuit,new switch fitted no problems since on mine

looking like a your starter relay has gone....... even with a dead battery you would get some kind of click from the starter. can you jump start it? if you can jump it from another source get it running and put a multimeter across the battery to see if your charging system is working.....your looking for around 14v. if not then your regulator/rectifier (and worse case stator) needs replac.ive had 2 of these pop on my gixxer. a bad reg/rec can boil your battery.

Dan

oooohh loads pl posted before that LOL