No, don't get me wrong, the Bonnie is an excellent bike - does everything it says on the tin - to quote a well known advert. It's just, well, difficult to describe really. :-/ I think it's me not the bike. I'll eventually get used to pressing a button to fire up and having the capacity to blast past other vehicles without effort or thought etc.

I suppose I've spent too much time with the old stuff where the potential for uncertainties (will it start)lend a frission to your journey (will it keep going) and a sense of achievement (or relief) when you complete a lengthy trip (yeehah, we made it).

I mean, lets face it, a 100 miles on a modern bike is an afternoon ramble - so what? Foreign touring on a 50+ year old classic is an adventure!

Having re-read what I have just written I feel I must add that I'm not knocking modern bikes - or riders come to that! It's just my lifestyle and circumstances have dictated that I have come the long way round to modern machinery.

I do enjoy the Bonnie very much, I'm just still on a learning curve with it at the moment - just bear with me!!