Notices

Thread: Hay There

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Hay There 
    Hiya, welcome to the site, nice to see another new member .

Im hope you feel very welcome here, as that is what you are .

Some of us as mentioned have a fair bit of experience.

Speaking for myself, im a new rider, did my test a couple of weeks back, I have done a little bit of sport riding before this tho.

So, dont feel like you will be the odd one out As you wont be

Hope to meet you soon.

P.s, did you mention where you were from, and how old you were?

~Peter~

2. Re: Hay There 
    RE: Running in

Most of the knowledgeable people i haved spoken to (myself not included) would recommend using the rev range but just keep it slow and progressive, no snatching of the throttle. As indictated on other posts, running at the same revs for long periods is not going to give the motor much of a work out.

3. Re: Hay There 
    Welcome mate.
    As mentioned previously there is a huge range of skillset with everyones ability.
    Our ride outs will be very easily paced with a route set prior (unless something major happens) with meet up points along the way...so people can choose to blat off if they want to and wait...or come back the other way and catch back up again!
    But thats their choice. Good thing will be the friendly pub lunch half way thru...or evening dinner.

Welcome to the forums mate. Everyones welcome here. We're one big happy family...arent we boys...? (Scott, Rich, Paul...lmao)

4. Re: Hay There 
    Platinum Member
    LMAO!!! Thats fuel for another family war if ever there needed to be a reason!!

5. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member

6. Re: Hay There 
    Like i promised here is a couple of pics of the bike.

7. Re: Hay There 

8. Re: Hay There 
    Hi and welcome....
    Dont worry bout running the motor in, all modern engines are run on test benchs anyway and with modend machining tolerences there pretty much spot on out of the box. Jus take ti easy for the first 100 miles to run the tyres in and the brakes for 200-300 depending on how you use them.

9. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member
    Nice bike there - btw, get a tail tidy!

10. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesD
    RE: Running in

Most of the knowledgeable people i haved spoken to (myself not included) would recommend using the rev range but just keep it slow and progressive, no snatching of the throttle. As indictated on other posts, running at the same revs for long periods is not going to give the motor much of a work out.
    The other thing to remember with running in an engine is use the gears more, basic rule of thumb Ive kept to is 1/2 revs for 250 miles (ie Red line at 8000 stick to 4000 max) then 3/4 for the next 500. Dont panic if it goes over slightly but as already posted, resist the temptation to wind her open to the throttle stops for at least 1000 miles to be totally safe as engine rebuilds can be costly and time consuming!!!

Must admit too that Im suprised to here you need to run in a new bike. I only used to need to do it after a re-bore or fitting new pistons & rings etc.

Always remember to give the brakes time to "bed-in" that way they WILL stop when you need them too!

If all else fails check what they say in the owners hand book!! :