Notices

Thread: Hay There

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hay There 
    I am Andrew Holland and i have just bought my second bike, a Kawasaki Z750s in Candy Blue. Feels like it is going to be a goodun but still runnin' it in at the mo.
    Thought i would see what everyone else does on their weekends and for riding out as i have only been riding since June 2005.
    Also looking to get a rear hugger and wondering if anyone can help with getting one that looks good as well as does the job.

How good do you have to be to go on the days out and what kind of riding style is normal (fast, fast as hell or faster than my bike??)
    Will get some pictures of the bike this weekend and will put them on when i can.

2. Re: Hay There 
    Platinum Member
    Welcome aboard Andrew

I've only been riding since Aug 05 (not counting 2 years on a 125 scooter :-[), had an FZ6 but just picked up my ZX6R. Fast as hell, but not the rider ;D

3. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Andrew,

Firstly, welcome to the board! Out of interest, how did you come across it?

Secondly, we've not done a group day out yet so I cannot comment on others riding skills, and to be honest, I would guess that we all range vastly in how confident we feel in going fast/safe/etc.... I know in the past when some of us have gone out for a ride (RVFBabe, SkyJawa, Gixer Paul, Iain and myself) we've all gone at our own pace. Iain and I feel comfortable going quicker than the other three and we will always find somewhere to slow down and wait for them to catch up as it's only fair.

We would also rather people go at their own pace than feel as though they need to prove something to everybody else and risk crashing as no-body wants that at the end of the day.

So ultimately, if you do come along for a ride with us all I'm sure there will be people who will be going at a similar pace to you.

I think SkyJawa might back me up on this, and possibly Gixer Paul, but group riding has definitely helped Neil (who also passed his test last year) as he can see what lines we take, etc... Plus, we have also given him some tips (i.e. I taught him how to counter steer and I think he's found this a great help).

However, if somebody can teach me to get my knee down I would appreciate it!

If you are free this Sunday why not try and join the group heading up from the Swindon neck of the woods to Boxhill......

4. Re: Hay There 
    hello from up north, i have only been riding just over a year and i to dont really have the experience, but im sure when everyone is together nobody will feel left out

5. Re: Hay There 
    hey i was in foreign terrotory you bring your crew to my roads!!!!

only kidding big bro you would all still beat me lol

6. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member
    Lol @ Paul! Mate, some of those roads were foreign to us all!

BTW, Paul found out that he can scare himself silly whilst pulling an unintentional wheelie on one of our rides so I think he learnt something there! ;D

7. Re: Hay There 
    no no no no no you knew all those roads like the back off your hand (thats what the voice in my head says)
    And the wheelie was purely for entertainment whilst you were coming off the island, see im thoughtful giving you something to look at.

8. Re: Hay There 
    Diamond Member
    ;D

9. Re: Hay There 
    welcome mate, glad to see another kwaka in the fold!

as usual (always get lumbered with this) i'll be organising some rideouts this year in and around the area with the possibility of longer trips (looking into a weekend in wales at the mo)

group riding is fine, and as scott mentioned, its a good way to hone your riding skills. and if you are out in a group which are fairly level headed, as this forum seems to have, any 'newbie' or inexperienced type riders would get a nominated person to shadow in case other peeps want to push on at stages. this is so you don't feel the pressure to push yourself too fast too soon to keep up with the others, which could end up in a whole world of pain.

once the weather sorts itself out, i've got a few good routes in the southern wiltshire/dorset way we can go on (did anyone mention Zig Zag Hill? ). plus i'm sure poole quay and hunters lodges rideouts will appear soon enough as well.

enjoy the forum and the zed!! 8-)

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: Hay There 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyJawa
    Welcome aboard Andrew

I've only been riding since Aug 05 (not counting 2 years on a 125 scooter :-[), had an FZ6 but just picked up my ZX6R. Fast as hell, but not the rider ;D
    Wow, bike and a half. It is one of the ones i had a look at but insurance is through the roof. I still have loads and loads to learn and to get toghether with everyone would be great. Just have to pass it with the missus