Notices

Thread: Biker comradery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Biker comradery 
    Hi, new to this forum stuff, but I think it's a great idea and will hopefully lead to bikers local to Swindon really looking out for each other with the comradery that you only see with people associated with the two wheeled awesome thing, that is the modern (and sometimes not-so) motorcycle.

A little help in looking for a standard ZX7R exhaust system (downpipes, collector etc) as everywhre I look all I can find is Akrapovic and Remus that cost far more than I can currently afford.

As I ride all year round, corrosion is starting to set in quite severely and I need to sort it and get a new system, before I find myself halfway through the summer with no bike to ride.

Any suggestions as to where I might find standard exhaust systems and also the cost?

2. Re: Biker comradery 
    just so you don't think I'm an idiot, I know that picture isn't of me, but I like it and thought I would share it with you. my Kawasaki is Blue and I will post a picture soon for all to see.

3. Re: Biker comradery 
    been riding myself since 2003 and progressed on to the ZX7R in Oct 2004 (was on Yamaha FZR400 up until a rather large spill in Malmesbury), absolutely superb bike, but even after 18 months I'm still not using it to it's full potential, so any riding tips, anyone fancies sharing with us would be very much appreciated.

4. Re: Biker comradery 
    Hi zebedee and welcom, nice bike you have there.

Not sure a standard exhaust (factory) is going to save you any pennies over an aftermarket one, but you can try Cradley Heath Kawasaki (01384 633455), ask for Road Parts section. They are the largest indepandant Kawasaki parts dealer in the UK and hold a ton of stock, you never know they may have what you want lurking around.

5. Re: Biker comradery 
    hello mate

another kwaka!!! muhahahaha

i'll ask around for those bits and pieces you are after. i know someone who is selling a standard end can for a ZX7r for £30 (excellent condition apparently).

let me know if this is any use to you
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: Biker comradery 
    Welcome to the forums mate. Thanks for the comments. Although a new site our membership is starting to increase.
    Hope the hunt for the zorst is a short one...sounds like the GG has got one sussed...lol

Mac

7. Re: Biker comradery 
    A standard system will cost big money, something like a standard replacment like a MOTAD will be cheaper and better than the OE kawasaki rust away item.

8. Re: Biker comradery 
    Platinum Member
    Welcome aboard mate - I'm sure someone was selling ZX7R bits on www.mcnninjas.co.uk

9. Re: Biker comradery 
    Welcome, good choice of bike

10. Re: Biker comradery 
    Hello mate!! How are you getting on?? We will have to arrange a weekend to go for a ride out. There should be a few already arranged on this forum so give us a call and we will sort it out.