Notices

Thread: vertically challenged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hope the CBT goes well. You cluld try getting out to BikeDirect in Bristol, they import a lot of grey 400cc bikes which are good for the lower than average height as my wife bought hers there, she is 5'2".

2. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hello Hippychick, I live near Cricklade and am still a novice biker so when you pass give me a shout if you fancy a bimble around!!

3. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hi, I passed my test about 4 years ago..........I am 5'5" and found the best thing is to go to a main dealer sit on the bikes and then have some test rides thats what I did. Also.......what do YOU want the bike to do?? what do YOU want it for...............I bought a ZR7S Kawasaki, yes its a little heavy.........but I can do 200 miles on one tank of juice and I can get off after 2+ hours and still stand up straight.......its really comfy, fitted with panniers, I bought it for touring because that is what my husband and I like to do..........dont opt for the first one you see and dont bow to "Man" pressures !! just because he has an R1 does not mean its right for you.

Hope this helps !!

Good Luck and Happy Bike Hunting !

4. Re: vertically challenged 
    Diamond Member
    hi there, dont let the height issue put you off toooooo much, i have a mate who is 5 foot 2 and rides a lowered ZXR400, she does drag strip runs, is a superb/safe road rider, and has even joined the 200mph club, doing 203.4mph on a zx12 down a runway!....theres a bike out there with your name on it.... happy searching :-)

5. Re: vertically challenged 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    alreet shorty
    You make me larf ;D

Hi Hippychick, welcome aboard

Good luck with your progress into the larger bike community (i don't like mopeds :P )

6. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hi there - just joined the site and saw your messages, and I wondered how you got on. Did you do your CBT? Did you take it any further and do the bike test? I'm also something of a not-awfully-tall person, and I've found a couple of big bikes I'm comfortable on which I'd recommend if you're still looking.