Notices

Thread: New Triker at 55!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. New Triker at 55! 
    Hi everyone, my name is Larry (aka flyingosca) I recently bought a beat up old Yamaha 900 trike from eBay (where else?) and have had it repaired / restored professionally although I have still had to sort out a lot of the wiring myself.
    I live and work during the week in Oaksey nr Swindon but live in Skegness (where the trike is at the moment). I've just got hold of one of those Trail-a-Trike gizmos so plan to bring my ride back with me when I come back to work on Sunday pm.
    I now have to find someone local to Osksey / Cricklade / Cirencester / Swindon who can do an MOT on the trike for me as the current one expired a week or so ago. Can anyone out there suggest a garage?
    The last time I rode a bike, apart from as pillion passenger was about 35 years ago when I had a Honda 125 trail bike which kept throwing me off and I kinda lost my enthusiasm!
    Now I'm pushing 55 I thought it time to hit the lanes and byeways again but as I don't have a bike licence I decided the trike was the way to go as I am an aging hippy and want to collect my pension from the postoffice (when the time comes) on my trike with my white ponytail blowing in the wind 8-)
    I'd like to hear from any 'new' riders with their stories, advice, tips etc as I am a real biker virgin and need to be shown the ropes!!
    Regards to everyone and safe riding!
    Larry de Wit

2. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Hello Larry. Welcome. I haven't got any recommendations regarding MOTs as my bike is still under warranty so I use Triumph main dealer but i'm sure someone on here will be able to offer advice.
    I'd love to see a pic of the trike once you get it sorted. The only trikes I get to see these days are the ones on show at the bike nights at Poole Quay on Tuesdays.

3. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Hi Silverrider thanks for message. I have a photo of the trike (pre new paint job & lights) but am not sure how I can post it here. Any advice??

4. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Steve Lynham does MOT's for trikes I believe.
    He is based in Swindon

Address:
    Unit 5, Kingsdown Industrial Estate
    Kingsdown Rd
    Stratton St. Margaret
    Swindon
    Wiltshire
    SN25 6PD

Tel: 01793 820630

5. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    This link might help with the posting of pics on this forum!
    http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1155671730

Go to the gallery to post your pics up...

Mandy
    x

6. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Thanks for the info Mandy, I'll give it a go

Larry x

7. Re: New Triker at 55! 

8. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Well, I guess it worked! This is my trike the day I got it back from being repaired. Its since had a new paint job and lights so looks better.

Mandy, Steve Lynham couldn't help but he put me on to Lower Stratton Service Station in Ermine Street Swindon who will do it for me. I just have to get the trike weighed first as I don't have a clue how heavy it is. A guess will be about 600kg but we will see!

9. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Cool trike, and good on yer for getting one after 35 years away Larry! I've always wanted a trike, one day maybe. Good luck with the MOT. It can't weigh 600kg surely? Nearer 400 at a guess. There we go, a competition, like guessing the weight of a cake, or no of sweets in a jar. Nearest guess wins sweet FA!

10. Re: New Triker at 55! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    There we go, a competition, like guessing the weight of a cake, or no of sweets in a jar. Nearest guess wins....
    ..... a go on the back / front???

457kg

Welcome to the site mate.

Nice to see someone else on here who classes them selves as a (SLIGHTLY!) ageing hippy with a pony tail! I was getting worried that I was the only one left!!

A real Beaut of a Trike tho! Whats the new paint job like??

Take care buddy,

Ride free dude! 8-)

Andrew