Notices

Thread: Novice newbie

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Novice newbie 
    Indeed our thanks to Leigh and I cant wait to go shopping as per my post! Ach well we will both be going as I have a good feeling now and I trust the weather is better there than here!
    Time for me to sit and drool over various machines on the net as its the closest I will be coming to anything for a while yet
    Anyway best get on with things and see you all soon

2. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi all i'm bubba fred.

live in Tidworth, been here for about 14 years, single,
    currently riding a hayabusa, which is outstanding, a pure buzz. Bubba is the name of the bike, and fred is my nick name.

i hope to go on as many rideoute as posible, as lots of free time on my hands,
    was formerly in the Swindon rideout club, but had a falling out with the organiser of the site.
    hope to post as much as possible as well

3. Re: Novice newbie 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    welcome to the forums I reckon a 600 is fine straight after your test - it's not a huge jump from the 500 you'll do your test on. The only difference will be if you get a sportsbike or something a bit less extreme..a bandit 600 or hornet or fazer would do you proud while you're getting used to it all
    Hi there T, welcome to the forum, hope to meet up on a rideout soon.

Dabz, your making me feel old now, 20 years ago when I passed my test, it was still the old maximum of 125 for learners and the tester stood by the side of the road.

4. Re: Novice newbie 
    Such a shame T about your test but at least you failed in style!! I did exactly the same the morning of my test, but fortunately did a perfect one on my test (the only one that ever was!).

I was really enjoying reading the whole of this thread and was eagerly anticipating the end - whether you both passed or not. It was like reading a good book and trying to fight temptation to look to the last page to see what happens!!! I also learn't some lingo along the way - I certainly had forgotten OSMPML!! Anyway, best of luck T for your test - when is it? If it is May 11th at 13.33 then it's lucky!!

5. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi Nokesy........ and thanks for the comments......... yes, if Im going to do something (even fail), I like to do it in style well, will keep the novellette going for you..........

I am owed a couple of half days training from when we did our DAS ...... the story being that PK dutifully performed his BOLTS check the day before our test, prior to a mornings instruction........ and low and behold, what did he find, but a nice big fat roofing nail smack bang in the centre of the rear tyre :'(........ Anyways..... the nail was pulled out (by the head honcho of the riding school himself), and the tyre very quickly went flat. :-? A quick trip to Halfords and some tyre weld later, and we had a nice big puddle of tyre weld oozing out the rear tyre. Next? A spare inner tube was found, fitted, inflated........ and found to have a leak. :-?

By this time, PK and I are back at home, sat on the patio with a cuppa, waiting for the call that will allow us to be out riding in the sunshine instead of sweating in leathers eagerly awaiting the call to get back on the bikes. Anyways, Murphy's Law prevailed, and as soon as we decided to make some lunch, the call came........ so we snarfed our food, and off we went. (Apparantly an intervening trip to Melksham for a new tyre ,which had to be fitted at the side of the road by our instructor cos the garage was too busy, was the final solution to the tyre problem). But back to the point........ PK and I missed 4 1/2 hours training each...... which now translates into some convenient extra time out for me before I retake my test And in answer to your question........ May 25th, which may be a good omen. PK had to drive to Scotland the day he passed his test, and me, my boy and a friend of mine are doing the same and taking a road trip North the day I retake mine............. hell, at this point, I will take any sign of providence I can get!

In the meantime, I am keeping busy finishing of the transformation of my son's room from Mickey Mouse and Balloo (when he was 3) to cool and dude-like (now he is 11), and tending the garden in the sunshine whilst trying to ignore the sounds of the bikes going down Avenue La Fleche 8-)

So I hope you guys are making the most of the opportunities, and I will hopefully be able to ride out with you before the sunshine disappears for another year!

6. Re: Novice newbie 
    Platinum Member
    My thoughts are with you T good luck for later this month, look at the bright side you’ll have a cracking story to tell up the pub in years to come (I know its not much help now)

7. Re: Novice newbie 
    Cheers FJ..... will keep you all up to date.......... PS Nokesy............ why May 11th at 13.33? When you passed yours perchance?

8. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi and welcome!

9. Re: Novice newbie 
    Yes indeedy!!

10. Re: Novice newbie 
    Ach ya dinna need ony luck lassie ya will dae jist fine ma quinne!
    There that should confuse a fair few and pay back for all the confusticating abbreviations!
    Still set on a sporty bike? .... Damn saw a really nice one on the net!!
    OK gotta split for now!