Notices

Thread: Novice newbie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hey you guessed the DSY bit on the end right ;D born biker in the making LOL ( Allthough the Yamaha version was pretty off base lol ;D )

Forgot to say earlier I wrote a bike off when doing my CBT, and still passed ;D that was a ****ty Yamaha SR125...prolly worst bike ever made...actually no that would be a Honda Cub C90 lol

One Tip I can give though is get a bike with at least 140 section tyre on the rear...they should have kept skinny tyres to push bikes LOL...I brought a GSX250 (81 classic lol) once as a pot around, even going round corners in the dry I was pooping my pants with the rock hard square avons on there...think they were 100 section too...bikers back in those days must have had massive nuts to ride it ;D

2. Re: Novice newbie 
    Quick question for Kwik girlie....... what qualification are you working towards? Given your interest in gravel-rash I am guessing it is something in the medical profession? Anyways, just being nosey but good luck regardless!

3. Re: Novice newbie 
    Aww fanx Yeah, a nurse so have a morbid interest in wounds and broken bones ;D

4. Re: Novice newbie 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    No probs...

Observe/Signal/Manvoure/---/Position/Speed/Look (+ Lifesaver)

They will spend virtually all the training brainwashing that into you...Still didn't help me when I was staionary at a junction and a car hit me up the ass at 30mph LOL...He seemed to suffer from SMIDSY syndrome ;D
    I thought you had meant to type PMSL or something and had gone a bit mad on the keyboard :

5. Re: Novice newbie 
    Ha! Classic ;D

Which bike school did you goto? :-/ LOL

I can't think of anymore bikie shorthands to confuse poor T with though :P

6. Re: Novice newbie 
    Just as well you cant think of any more Furry...... it doesnt take much to confuse me, being a natural blonde and bottle brunette (my artificial intelligence) . And good luck with the finals Kwik........ having spent the last 5 years as a full-time student I can sympathise! Am on a year out at mo before tackling the next lot, so finally have some time to do the things I have put off for too long - like my bike test!

7. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hello All from the very sunny Northlands, I am still doing that disappearing trick mentioned earlier but hey I am here now and will be there on Monday. I have ridden a bike before but a long time ago and things have changed...ach well hence the full course. I had a read through T's comments and can only say I look forward to those days when I am home to ride around. Anyway test soon then away but back before too long hopefully and then time to get out and about!

8. Re: Novice newbie 
    For those of you that couldnt follow PK's logic train, he is the frequently-absent short-legged boyfriend I will be sharing the bike with.... not quite overseas at the mo, just over the border in Scotland! (Overseas again at the end of the month) He is re-taking his test with me as the DVLA 'lost' his bike entitlement when changing his licence from paper to plastic.

9. Re: Novice newbie 
    What a description of me hun......oh joy. Ach well I will be back down soon.

10. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi all! Been pretty hectic here of late what with gardening/fencing/decorating and of course, the all important DAS, so soz for the lack of chat, but thought should bring you up to date..........

PK successfully passed his test this morning, and has had a big grin ever since, so a big well done to him! I on the other hand managed a fairly respectable 6 minor faults, followed by a pretty spectacular serious one right at the end of the test when I dropped the bike on the deck during the U-turn - Aargh!! :-/ :'( Having done it no problem earlier in the morning I would have kicked myself if me leg wasnt still stuck under the bike!

Anyways, at least one of us passed, and mine is booked in again for the end of next month (earlier if I can get a cancellation!). PK is back up to Scotland tonight to see his girls for the weekend, then off to Baku on monday for another stint at work, so with a bit of luck (and some more practice) I will hopefully have passed in time for him coming home to go bike shopping!

However, we did have a fun few days out on the roads, and it has given us a taste of what we want more of for the summer. Our thanks to Leigh for making the best of a troublesome week, and here's to better luck (and more skill) next time! :-[

Hope you all been enjoying the good weather of late 8-)