Notices

Thread: Novice newbie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi
    Am only 5 ft 5 myself and I find Kawasaki a good bike for controlling and height wise.
    Just about to sell my GPZ 500 and have bought a Zephyr 750 and Ive only had my license 6 months but its amazing how quickly you can get on with a bike.
    I though 500 would be enough for me, but obvioulsy not so it all depends on individual tastes I suppose.
    Good luck with test, took mine round Chippenham (not too bad if not too busy)

2. Re: Novice newbie 
    hello and welcome

good luck with the test and if its a CBR600 you are looking for i know of a nice clean J reg one for sale 34k on clock and only £1100

3. Re: Novice newbie 
    Hi All

Thanks for the welcome one and all.... tis great! Have taken all your advice on board, and will keep you up to date with how I get on, and what I end up with. Apparantly the boyfriend went off to do some research of his own yesterday and came back with a lid, boots, and a love for the ZZR 6 on which he got both feet on the ground....... so that compromise might not be too hard after all! Start my 500cc training next week, so tis getting closer - mind you, getting nervous about the test now after a kindly mate took pleasure in telling me how his missus has failed her test 4 times on the U-turn and is still trying. Would keep my fingers crossed but might interfere with throttle control!

4. Re: Novice newbie 
    LOL you'll be fine...if anything I found bike schools didn't focus enough on teaching low speed control, it was all about "can you ride the thing...yes? then on the road we go" LOL

I got 5 minors on mine, 3 for going the wrong way (the radio broke up, he said at the roundabout straight on then 2nd right...all I heard was "2nd right" when I got to the roundabout LOL)....other 2 minors were for being too cautious...which was me waiting for ages as a garbage truck was stopped right on a traffic control thing where traffic from one way has to give way to traffic comming the other way etc...I couldn't even see the cars comming the other way due to the truck and there was no way I was going to position myself in the oncomming lane to get a better view only for some twat to run me over LOL!

Just remember OSMPSL...and your sorted (Can see I was brainwashed when they taught me lol)

5. Re: Novice newbie 
    welcome to here,

6. Re: Novice newbie 
    Thanks Furry-TLR........ but what is OSMPSL?!! Now Im really worried!

7. Re: Novice newbie 
    No probs...

Observe/Signal/Manvoure/---/Position/Speed/Look (+ Lifesaver)

They will spend virtually all the training brainwashing that into you...Still didn't help me when I was staionary at a junction and a car hit me up the ass at 30mph LOL...He seemed to suffer from SMIDSY syndrome ;D

8. Re: Novice newbie 
    Ok Furry, now you are just playing with a poor newbie........ SMIDSY??!! Hmmm......... Some Motoring Idiot Didnt See You? ....... or perhaps Sanity Mildly Infected by Dented Shiny Yamaha?? Best I could come up with at 8am, so you are going to have to enlighten me further

9. Re: Novice newbie 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry Mate I Didn't Seee You

10. Re: Novice newbie 
    lmao!.......... thanks Scott W