Notices

Thread: Hello Wiltshire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    Welcome to the site.

I used to do some instructing, but didn't have my cbt or das licence...i used to take people out for training on their 125's, excellent fun!

2. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyGirl
    *Chortle* Awwww Bob, fab story. Hi from me.

Cool... a bike instructor. Do you instruct other levels or just CBT? What did you have to do to become an instructor? Please excuse the Spanish inquisition!
    I started getting "down trained" by my bro-in-law at the end of last year. He became Cardington Qualified last September. You first have to go to a bike school and ask to get "Down Trained" as an instructor. They will charge you to become "Down Trained" the going rate is between £600 and £800

Once you are good enough to do CBT's unaided then the bike school you instruct for applies to the DSA for a Instructors certificate for the individual concerned. From then on you train students to take their CBT's and issue them with the CBT Certificate. Once confident you then apply to do "Cardington" which by all accounts is 2 days off shear hell. Should be me in a couple of months. You then train to become a DAS instructor.

If others are interested i will post a ditty about the stages of instructor and how you go about becoming one. Done my training with Licence to Ride in Melksham. My bro-in-law and me have set it up, well i have helped him set it up.

3. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    Welcome Bob, I used to be an instructor back in the 80's and 90's (till my bikes got stolen) looks like times have moved on since then. We used to have a Cardington bod turn up and continually assess all the instructors to maintain the standard of peeps who were approved for issueing CBT certificates (DL196 if I'm not mistaken). I guess with the changes that followed including DAS things are a lot more difficult now though.

4. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    ONFIRE
    Welcome 8-)

5. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    Enjoy

6. Re: Hello Wiltshire 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthecod
    [quote author=CurlyGirl link=1181855136/0#9 date=1182034888]*Chortle* Awwww Bob, fab story. Hi from me.

Cool... a bike instructor. Do you instruct other levels or just CBT? What did you have to do to become an instructor? Please excuse the Spanish inquisition!
    I started getting "down trained" by my bro-in-law at the end of last year. He became Cardington Qualified last September. You first have to go to a bike school and ask to get "Down Trained" as an instructor. They will charge you to become "Down Trained" the going rate is between £600 and £800

Once you are good enough to do CBT's unaided then the bike school you instruct for applies to the DSA for a Instructors certificate for the individual concerned. From then on you train students to take their CBT's and issue them with the CBT Certificate. Once confident you then apply to do "Cardington" which by all accounts is 2 days off shear hell. Should be me in a couple of months. You then train to become a DAS instructor.

If others are interested i will post a ditty about the stages of instructor and how you go about becoming one. Done my training with Licence to Ride in Melksham. My bro-in-law and me have set it up, well i have helped him set it up.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, Bob. Yes, let us know more about it.... we'll be there with you so you can vent all you like to us as you go through it!