Hi all.

I'm 36, and just getting into biking to get round the traffic jams that i sit in each day, I want to join the bikers i see whizzing up the middle of the traffic as the A303 merges to 1 lane where it approaches stonehenge

I passed my CBT 4 weeks ago, passed my theory test 2 weeks ago, and i have 1 days training on the 21st september and my big bike test on the 22nd september

I currently own a Honda CM125C of 1982 vintage that gets me around (slowly!) at the moment, but i have recently bought myself a Suzuki GS500 as a non runner on a 52 plate (worn out tyres, no power to the handlebars or instruments, noisy cam chain and knackered battery and low compression of 104psi), i have bought the new front tyre, fixed the wiring fault which was a corroded main power wire in the middle of the loom, and reshimmed the valves as the exhaust valves has no clearance at all, and i am trying to work out whether the piston rings are just stuck or whether they are simply worn out, the bike has 34,000 miles on it