Notices

Thread: About time I said hello.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Re: About time I said hello. 
    hi mark! i'm another ex-pupil, your guys helped me through my cbt 18 months ago. say hi to rob for me!! i see them out and about quite often as i live near the college but as we're all on bikes and usually going in opposite directions we never get to speak.

2. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Tina link=1248895536/30#36 date=1249457074][quote author=Mark_Able link=1248895536/15#29 date=1249327360][quote author=Tina link=1248895536/15#24 date=1248985893]Hi Mark and welcome to WB......I'm not an ex student but I do intend to be a future one as I'm just a pillion at the moment, so hopefully our paths may cross sometime soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

P.S. Do you have anything for short people to learn to ride on????

Tina ;D
    How short are we talking Tina? We've got Yamaha YBR125's and Suzuki RV125 'Van Van's. They're fairly low, but some still struggle. Also, we use Suzuki GS500's for Direct Access (DAS), and not many under 5' 4" can fit on them. If that's the case, you might want to consider getting your own bike for DAS. :-/[/quote]

sounds like i may need to pop up and try a couple on for size....there is another girl who wants to learn too so we both might have to pop up as we were hoping to go thru the training together.....fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

You're both welcome to come along any saturday or sunday morning while the CBT's are going on, and try the bikes for size. Our training school is at Clarendon College, Frome Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0DJ. The guys are normally on site up until about 12.30, then they hit the road for the afternoon road session. You might have to do a bit of hunting around to find them, as we've got three training areas licenced for CBT's within the college grounds. There are two to the left when you go in the main entrance, and one right up to the rear of the swimming pool. Let us know what you think... [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Well....we've been for a visit, been measured up for bikes so its all looking good......due to financial restrictions we wont be able to do it this month so roll on september.....how far ahead do we need to book up......by the way the chap we spoke to today was really helpful and made us both feel alot more relaxed about the whole thing lol.....so please thank him for us.....look forward to seeing you next month

Tina and Hazel ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1248895536/30#39 date=1249500473][quote author=Tina link=1248895536/30#36 date=1249457074][quote author=Mark_Able link=1248895536/15#29 date=1249327360][quote author=Tina link=1248895536/15#24 date=1248985893]Hi Mark and welcome to WB......I'm not an ex student but I do intend to be a future one as I'm just a pillion at the moment, so hopefully our paths may cross sometime soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

P.S. Do you have anything for short people to learn to ride on????

Tina ;D
    How short are we talking Tina? We've got Yamaha YBR125's and Suzuki RV125 'Van Van's. They're fairly low, but some still struggle. Also, we use Suzuki GS500's for Direct Access (DAS), and not many under 5' 4" can fit on them. If that's the case, you might want to consider getting your own bike for DAS. :-/[/quote]

sounds like i may need to pop up and try a couple on for size....there is another girl who wants to learn too so we both might have to pop up as we were hoping to go thru the training together.....fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

You're both welcome to come along any saturday or sunday morning while the CBT's are going on, and try the bikes for size. Our training school is at Clarendon College, Frome Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0DJ. The guys are normally on site up until about 12.30, then they hit the road for the afternoon road session. You might have to do a bit of hunting around to find them, as we've got three training areas licenced for CBT's within the college grounds. There are two to the left when you go in the main entrance, and one right up to the rear of the swimming pool. Let us know what you think... [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Well....we've been for a visit, been measured up for bikes so its all looking good......due to financial restrictions we wont be able to do it this month so roll on september.....how far ahead do we need to book up......by the way the chap we spoke to today was really helpful and made us both feel alot more relaxed about the whole thing lol.....so please thank him for us.....look forward to seeing you next month

Tina and Hazel ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

That was Lee, and I'll let him know. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Try and give us some notice, as we're really busy with CBT's at the moment. If you want to book in now provisionally, that's not a problem. We can sort a deposit at a later date.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Mark just came across this thread, don't know if you remember me I was one of the dippy blondes the other one was Vicki (friends of Jane who passed a year earlier). I was one of your mature students and passed Direct Access with you 4 years ago, I bought a CB 500 but now have Triumph Sprint 955i.

Nice to hear from you.

Caroline

5. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Hi Caroline, good to hear from you. Blimey, a 955! You must have been taught well... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Another ex (and soon to be again) pupil here...i was most definitely taught well but failed to show that in my test when i blew my u-turn :-[ ...just for the record, and to ensure mark's continuing good rep', i only got three other points against me on the test! CBT has expired now so i will be in touch as soon as finances allow to go for it again...CBT, ride around a bit, then back for the biggy - horrible off-road manouvers (sp!) an all.

7. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic
    Another ex (and soon to be again) pupil here...i was most definitely taught well but failed to show that in my test when i blew my u-turn :-[ ...just for the record, and to ensure mark's continuing good rep', i only got three other points against me on the test! CBT has expired now so i will be in touch as soon as finances allow to go for it again...CBT, ride around a bit, then back for the biggy - horrible off-road manouvers (sp!) an all.
    Don't worry Vic, we'll get you sorted! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Thanks for the kind words...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Hi and welcome Mark

We have met but I didn't do my training with you as the Van Vans were too high for me (and having no weight behind me, so to speak) only a tonne of bricks was going to help lower the bike.

kj

9. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikermouse
    Hi and welcome Mark

We have met but I didn't do my training with you as the Van Vans were too high for me (and having no weight behind me, so to speak) only a tonne of bricks was going to help lower the bike.

kj
    Should've eaten more pies, just like the Westbury girls... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: About time I said hello. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Bikermouse link=1248895536/45#47 date=1251023435]Hi and welcome Mark

kj
    Should've eaten more pies, just like the Westbury girls... ;D[/quote]

You've definitely been taking your brave pills! You were a great help to me after I had a bad off with my then instructor and I was convinced I should just remain a pillion. Thanks to you talking some sense into me and advising me what to do, I went on to complete my CBT with that particular instructor, got refunded for the fees I'd already paid towards my test and went elsewhere where they were interested in TEACHING me what to do without undue sarcasm...