Notices

Thread: 1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: First Trike 
    Quote Originally Posted by commando1966
    Hi Basil .. ive just got insurance for the Trike .. next i need to get the MOT .. just needs the handbrake cable sorting and my horn does'nt wanna work lol .. also there is a dispute about whether or not i need Hazard lights .. the previous owner said no coz the "bike" is older than 1986 .. But .. it was 1st registered as a trike in 2003 .. The laws just are'nt clear and cut about trikes .. grrr .. so hopefully be on the road end of the month - depends how cheap i can get the handbrake cable sorted ;D
    Hi nick_cx500_trike if your not to sure about the MOT go down to bike aid have a word with the guys there put you right good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    If it has a red line use it ....

2. Re: First Trike 
    commando1966
    Thanks Greenman , but ive never heard of bikeaid mate - still fairly new to Wilts .. im taking it to Riverside MOT in Melks , they seem to be a good bunch of guys 8-)

3. Re: First Trike 
    commando1966
    Quote Originally Posted by commando1966
    Hi Basil .. ive just got insurance for the Trike .. next i need to get the MOT .. just needs the handbrake cable sorting and my horn does'nt wanna work lol .. also there is a dispute about whether or not i need Hazard lights .. the previous owner said no coz the "bike" is older than 1986 .. But .. it was 1st registered as a trike in 2003 .. The laws just are'nt clear and cut about trikes .. grrr .. so hopefully be on the road end of the month - depends how cheap i can get the handbrake cable sorted ;D
    Had a play wth the Trike today - got the horn working now ! Don't spose there is anyone out there who know's their way around Breaking systems ? I need the Handbrake cable attached to the rear brakes .. mates rates or beer money lol ;D

4. Re: First Trike 
    Platinum Member
    Green man's bloody handy with a set of spanners, or try Jaa though he's a bit further away. there's people on here who will bend over backwards to help out, try Greenman first, he's local [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: First Trike 
    commando1966
    Thanks Basil .. obviously my only problem is i can't move the Trike because of no Tax or MOT .. so i would need a "visiting" mechanic ;D .. The situation is this .. the handbrake is bolted to my trike - the left rear brake cable is fitted, now i just need the right side cable fitted .. probly an easy fix for any bike/trike/car mechanic

6. Re: First Trike 
    Platinum Member
    Greenman is a native of trowbridge. Make sure you pm him, not only is he super handy but he's super friendly too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: First Trike 
    commando1966
    Thanks again Basil , i don't actually live in Trow - iam a few miles outside the town :

8. Re: First Trike 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Nick - welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: First Trike 
    Platinum Member
    Hi and welcome to WB from an over 50 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: First Trike 
    commando1966
    Thanks Beemerman and Caz955 .. very warm welcomes from one and all 8-)