Thread: New member, and a newly fledged biker too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Hello Loops welcome aboard [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Diamond Member
    shes an original CG (pretty rare find nowadays!)....
    now, im not taking the pi$$....it WILL be collectable one day! when youve finished with it, store it in a shed somewhere, run it up occasionally and sell it for uber bucks oneday!..
    all the "older" stuff from my youth is EXTORTIONATE now!....
    wish id kept half of the stuff id sold for peanuts!

alternatively, sell it to me for peanuts.... ;-)

3. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Thanks fro the 'hello's everyone - I feel welcome already

Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Hi there and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers...... its always good to have new girls on board. Look forward to seeing you at a meet or on a ride-out sometime [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It would be good to actually meet some other female bikers - I'm the only one in my office, in fact possibly in the whole place!

Quote Originally Posted by cobs
    Hi that’s some mighty beasts you got there [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I don't know if I would call either of them 'mighty beasts' ;D They are both first vehicles so neither is very fast, but they do look good!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    shes an original CG (pretty rare find nowadays!)....
    now, im not taking the pi$$....it WILL be collectable one day! when youve finished with it, store it in a shed somewhere, run it up occasionally and sell it for uber bucks oneday!..
    all the "older" stuff from my youth is EXTORTIONATE now!....
    wish id kept half of the stuff id sold for peanuts!

alternatively, sell it to me for peanuts.... ;-)
    Hmmmmm, no, I think I'll pass on that offer :P He's a C reg (1986), so not quite an original but still pretty old - older than me in fact!

I don't intend to sell HIM (Stanley is not a her), although he's not looking quite as shiny at the moment due to the mucky roads. There are a few faults to fix but I'm working my way through the list - the hardest bit is finding the parts as Honda have discontinued most of them!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Hello and welcome Loops! Where do you live?
    It's all about the ride!

5. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Welcome aboard Loops - Looks like Stanley is a long-term proposition then - he'll make a decent winter hack as long as you can keep the salt from eating him alive
    Are you going to trade up to something bigger and better come the spring - or earlier, now's the best time to be buying as the prices are depressed by the season? Any idea what floats your boat yet?
    Whereabouts are you from? I'd guess somewhere around the Bath-Corsham area as you mention using the A4 regularly. If near Corsham on your travels, why not drop into the Fart & Clown in Gastard on a Wednesday evening to sample the Smellyburgers (which are far better than the name might suggest ;D) and meet some WBs as it's our official weekly meeting point now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Stanley is indeed a long term member of the family - I'll be keeping him even if I do trade up. I'm also still riding and intend to for as long as I can keep him upright (and the cages aren't sliding all over the road), it's all a good learning experience

I did my A2 restricted licence, so I'm limited for the next two years. Stanley is doing nicely for now (at 36,000 miles!), I might upgrade to a 250 or 350cc next year or I may wait until I am de-restricted and go straight up to a 500cc or 600cc.

I'm in the Corsham area, I'd definitely be up for popping along to a regular meet, have a chance to meet some new faces - and try a Smellyburger, I'm trusting you on it being a tasty option!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

7. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Platinum Member
    Hi and welcome"Loops" to WB! Safe riding! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Hello loops and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Diamond Member
    Ye Hello Loops

10. Re: New member, and a newly fledged biker too 
    Platinum Member
    Scotty is so right [smiley=thumbsup.gif]welcome from the harp & crown biker meet ;D