Notices

Thread: Hi from the south of France!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Hi from the south of France! 
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel
    [quote author=ro link=1292312471/24#24 date=1293567099]I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. ...how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?
    ...generally speaking we eat out in the garden till late november so day time temps then are still in the high teens. the weather is best for biking outside the main 3 months of summer especially if you are prone to wear leathers. Personally I always find september is about as good as it gets as the kids have gone back to school so no crowds the beaches are still great to visit and eat at the bars on the beaches, the only small hicup is that all the old farts come out with their camping cars which have been in hibernation for a year, happily they have all yet to discover second gear so one easily breezes past them on a bike.[/quote] ;D
    Sounds great! I'd definitely be up for a long trip in September.

2. Re: Hi from the south of France! 
    Platinum Member
    Yep, September is a great time of year to be down in that part of France [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Hi from the south of France! 
    Diamond Member
    Welcome to WB. Last time I was your way on two wheels was before most of this lot were born ;D

4. Re: Hi from the south of France! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ro
    [quote author=nigel link=1292312471/28#28 date=1294226653][quote author=ro link=1292312471/24#24 date=1293567099]I hope we'll do a Wiltshire Bikers tour of Europe soon and it would be great to have your help planning it. ...how late in the year can we go and still expect reasonable weather?
    ...generally speaking we eat out in the garden till late november so day time temps then are still in the high teens. the weather is best for biking outside the main 3 months of summer especially if you are prone to wear leathers. Personally I always find september is about as good as it gets as the kids have gone back to school so no crowds the beaches are still great to visit and eat at the bars on the beaches, the only small hicup is that all the old farts come out with their camping cars which have been in hibernation for a year, happily they have all yet to discover second gear so one easily breezes past them on a bike.[/quote] ;D
    Sounds great! I'd definitely be up for a long trip in September.[/quote]

well speah swimbo on www.coupdecoeur.co.uk and reserve a place

5. Re: Hi from the south of France! 
    Diamond Member
    Hello and welcome.

I can't make it, got other plans ride wise this year. Hope it goes well.