Notices

Thread: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Morning All,
    My name is Jim and I am a member of an online forum/Club, similar to Wiltshire Bikers, which is called South East Counties Bikers (majority of us are Kent and Sussex based) We are a relatively new club (1yr old)and splintered of from a larger group, which is good as many of us already knew each other when the group was formed. We regularly meet up and do organised runs and track days etc.

The last weekend in July we are coming to Wiltshire for our 1st Annual Rally, which I've sort of organised, we are camping at the Barge Inn, Honey Street, Wiltshire.
    Arriving on Friday we are staying until Sunday/Monday. I am trying to organise an activity/ride out on the Saturday 28th July, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas, of biker type venues/destinations for us and then a good pub for lunch? We would love to meet up with any Wiltshire Bikers as well and you would be welcome to join us, what the hell, you could LEAD US on our ride out! (That's me, doing the old slopey shopulders again!)

Anyway any suggestions gratefully recieved and we're looking forward to exploring your lovely countryside, hopefully there's some good biking roads?

On a seperate note I should add I have strong connections to the area as my parents live in Rode and my sister lives in Bath, I very nearly transferred my job to the area myself as I love it so much.

Cheers
    Jim

2. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Hello and welcome

There are a lot of good roads around Wiltshire!! Why don't you put this in the Meets and rideouts section, you may well get some people who would like to join you!
    It's all about the ride!

3. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Hi Jim, Welcome to Wb

Saturday the 28th of July is the annual Calne bike meet/show put on by Calne rotary and lions club an event well worth attending,it's held right through the centre of town.
    In past years WB have had a stand there.
    Give it a google/utube

hope to see you guy's there 8-)

Sadly just rememberd i cant make this event DOH :-[ ;D ;D ;D

4. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Welcome Jim.
    Just a word of caution regarding the Barge Inn. It is a great pub in a wonderful location but i know a few bike groups have had problems when staying there. The main concern being lack of communication between staff and the manager, Bike groups have booked camping etc and then no one knows anything about it and when they turn up the Manager blames the bikers.

Don't let that put you off the pub as i say its in a great location, just make sure your booking is confirmed and get the name of the person who took the booking

5. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Hi and welcome to WB !!! 8-)

6. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonbaker
    Welcome Jim.
    Just a word of caution regarding the Barge Inn. It is a great pub in a wonderful location but i know a few bike groups have had problems when staying there. The main concern being lack of communication between staff and the manager, Bike groups have booked camping etc and then no one knows anything about it and when they turn up the Manager blames the bikers.

Don't let that put you off the pub as i say its in a great location, just make sure your booking is confirmed and get the name of the person who took the booking
    Thanks for the warm welcome, exciting news about the Calne Bike event that's exactly what I was hoping for! As to the Barge Inn, thanks for the info, I have been in regular contact with them and have confirmed our attendance but your message has prompted me to re-confirm this week I think!
    Yes I will put a post in the rideout section, perhaps we could host some Wiltshire Bikers at the Barge on Saturday evening around the camp fire!

7. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Howdy Jim

like the idea of the 'foreign' biker exchange scheme
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Welcome to the madhouse Jim.
    I agree with Dan reference a 'foreign' biker scheme, I would advise that you don't take him though!
    What's your ride?
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Diamond Member
    Would be good to meet bikers from other parts of the country & perhaps we could arrange a ride next year over to you [smiley=thumbup.gif]

10. Re: Hello from SEC Bikers, we're coming to Wilts! 
    Calne is a must over that weekend link below

http://calnebikes.freehostia.com/