Notices

Thread: Hello Everybody!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Welcome to the group
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

2. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maikeru83
    I'm Michael (or Mike, or Mikey...), have just gotten rid of my car after ten years for a Honda CBF 125. I'm a complete novice with regards to biking, so forgive me if I ever ask what appear to be the most trivial questions regarding maintenance, etc. as I REALLY don't have a clue! Have only had my bike 3 weeks but am absolutely loving it! Will try and get along to a Wednesday meet as soon as possible to introduce myself in person!

I've been riding 3 years and still haven't got a clue about maintenance! Hello and welcome!

3. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Went out to Newbury and back today, saw a few bikers on my travels. How do we tell if they're members or not? Is there some kind of gang sign we can do so we recognise each other?! :P
    Also (here's STUPID QUESTION #1 of many!), what's the deal with car parks? I got to Newbury Parkway shopping centre today and parked in the open air car park. Do bikers have to pay and display? If so, surely some light-fingered miscreant would just swipe it and put it in their car?? Was going to go to Swindon town centre, but I don't know where I'd park!! ;D

4. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Hi and Welcome to WB......I was sent a list for free bike parking in Swindon after a little incident involving 6 of us all getting tickets for not doing pay and display.

We all 'got off' after complaining that there was nothing stating bikes had to pay or what the tarriffs were.

Always check the signs is my bit of advice and whatever you do DO NOT use the capark over the road by the bus station....i do believe there is a brill photo of us all with our tickets on here somewhere...hehe.

Also I know alot of bikers tear their ticket in half, leave half with the bike and take the other half with them.

;D ;D ;D

Oh and I have no idea about bike maintainence either (exept how to change front indicator lens's on an ER5 hehe)
    and oil and tyres lol : :

There are loads of people on here with extensive knowledge and will share it if you ask.

Happy Biking

5. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Hi mike welcome to WB

6. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Hi Mike & welcome

7. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Hi and welcome to WB 8-)

Always people ready and willing to answer any questions on here.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Hey welcome to WB. I am from North Swindon

9. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Hello and Welcome

10. Re: Hello Everybody! 
    Welcome!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"