Notices

Thread: New to all this..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Re: New to all this.. 
    depending on your age you may be restricted for two years with another test after two years, look on gov website
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: New to all this.. 
    Im 28... 29 in December so I shouldn't be restricted to anything?

3. Re: New to all this.. 
    depends what test you take and when.....
    read here
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

4. Re: New to all this.. 
    so basically instead of doing my test on a 500cc I do it on a 600cc with a bit more power? ... these rules are confusing
    I don't want any form of restrictions when I do my tests, I'm over 24 so really I don't have a lot to worry about really whether I do it now or in 12 months time... I cant really see how if I have to do it on a 600cc its gonna make a massive amount of difference to doing it on a 500cc tbh.

5. Re: New to all this.. 
    It depends on what school you go with, if you take it next year then you may find that the 600cc bikes are newer lighter bikes that meet the required bhp, I know that alot of schools are having issues because they can't decide on a power figure and thus they may get away with older heavier bikes that could cause you an issue on your test.
    The major difference in the bikes is the weight, a GS500 is a relatively light bike compared to the older Yamaha diversions. I know a few schools use these bikes but I have seen a couple with the new XJ6N which are about the same weight as a GS.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

6. Re: New to all this.. 
    ^^ yap, I did my test on a GS500, fabulous bike, low COG and easy to move. I *attempted to MOVE* an old XJ and couldn't :'( The first part of the mod1 test - manoeuvring to park in another space - im-poss-ible with an old XJ, good job Lee was there to catch it when I dropped it those beasts are heavy :-[
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: New to all this.. 
    great. So basically I just started riding and now I feel uber pressured to do my test before January so that I can get a bike I can move.
    Shame I cant just do the flippin test on Rob's bike LOL.

8. Re: New to all this.. 
    You will be fine. Don't panic and don't feel pressured into it, if you feel like you can handle the weight of the bike you should be fine.
    Might be worth you moving Robs bike around and seeing how you do with that. You can't get done for pushing it around on a private piece of road.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: New to all this.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    You will be fine. Don't panic and don't feel pressured into it, if you feel like you can handle the weight of the bike you should be fine.
    Might be worth you moving Robs bike around and seeing how you do with that. You can't get done for pushing it around on a private piece of road.
    I know for a fact I can manage the weight on his bike

10. Re: New to all this.. 
    you might be okay then, the manual handling manoeuvre was the worse thing for me, the rest of the MOD1 test wasn't half as bad. I was going to take my MOD1 on my YBR125 as I struggled with the idea of the weight of a bigger bike, being short n all that, but went out on a GS500 with Mark and put in for my test straight away. I've now got a Hornet and I love it ;D
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”