Notices

Thread: Beastly Bonneville

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Water and electricity - what a combination!
    plus Blackbonnie in the equation...
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Diamond Member
    Water, electricity and the fairer sex. Hair tingling stuff!

3. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Hmm, nothing tingling here, mate!

Had a good spray round under the tank & round the plug leads etc and left it to marinate for a while. Still started!

Next phase, let it dry out and tomorrow give the kill switch area soaking and see it that works - or not as the case may be.

Next phase after that? - do as Blue biker suggests & beat the damn thing... then buy shares in dielectric grease/WD40 etc...
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Diamond Member
    Can't offer any advice - you know more about this than I do. You can get your hair to tingle if you start the bike up and then check that your HT leads are fitted OK just after you have sprayed them with water (or WD40 for that matter). Don't ask me how I know this.

5. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Voice of experience eh?

6. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Diamond Member
    You only do it the once. Yippee - my last post turned me green and active. How about that. I can stop posting so many inane comments at last.

7. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Congrats to you, you need to keep active! lol! You will see nowadays I'm a tasteful shade of blue and classed as Senior - the blue rinse brigade? ;D

8. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    Did you find and resolve the issue with ya bonnie?

9. Re: Beastly Bonneville 
    No, still starts perfectly! I know that sounds daft, but if you've read the thread you will know what I mean. I thought there might be enough damp in the air for it to happen again tonight but no, starts fine.

I may just resort to the WD40 or what ever, but I would prefer to crack the fault as I only have about 6-8 weeks left on warrenty and WD40 is only going to mask it.