Quote Originally Posted by Gav
[quote author=GixerBoy link=1142537721/15#16 date=1145686546]Ok you jokers! I have been running a Diablo rear,Corsa front so hardly a harder tyre!! As for not riding hard on the road,best you talk to the Swindon lot about our little ride home from the Good friday meet!!
Sinz's tyre wear could be alot to do with his weight/size and his examples (ZX12,ZZr11) are both very heavy bikes as well so thats not surprising.Gav,if you were only getting 1k from a rear tyre then i suggest you stop using a track tyre on the road and find something more suitable,soft track rubber on the road is a complete waste of time.......thought you might have known that!!
That is not using a track tyre on the road, that was using normal road tyres like pilot sports...with track day tyres i was getting somewhere round the 600mile mark.....

I work in the tyre trade and seeing as little as 1-2k from a rear on a well ridden superbike is normal i affraid to say...[/quote]

Well I must be some sort of magician then and the Diablo must be the work of the devil!!
Have just fitted a set of M3's and if the advertising blurb is correct,am expecting even better mileage (same or better grip) than the Diablo,watch this space!