Notices

Thread: Tyre Buying Advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    well there you go then and Gav called me a speed god, I didn't want to say anything myself of course, but hay, what can I say!

Always new he was a good lad.

2. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire23
    [quote author=Gav link=1146500895/0#8 date=1146554353]Will you listen to the 2speed gods there...lol
    The Diablo corsa is the thack day version of the Diablo....
    Bridgestone do the same with the BT014 its called the BT014ss....
    THey are both very good tyres, but you should see more progressive feel and grip from the Corsa...and it should maitain its performance longer as it will diserpate the heat more efficantly...there tech bit over...lol

Oh Bike Treads for tyres....as you can read a few people swear by us, and to be fair i thnk we have the best reputation around as far as tyres go...

Number is 01793 615995

Gav
    Apart from the Tw*T who brought in two loose spoke wheels off a Honda 750 Road Trallie jobbie...and insisted they put the tyres on the wrong way... always get one plonker, Opps sorry customer! ;D

BikeTreads BTW 8-)[/quote]
    Ah ya always get that now and then, wasnt there that day as i dont remember you coming in so i cant comment, but normally with loose wheels and trail tyres we ask for the direction of rotaion to make sure they go on right 1st time.....and you will be amazed at how many people can get their wheels off but have no idea which way they go......

3. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    If you want tyres of the T'internet then look on eBay for the seller cheapbiketyres. £150 a pair delivered FOC.

4. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    If you want tyres of the T'internet then look on eBay for the seller cheapbiketyres. £150 a pair delivered FOC.
    That is a good price actually....depending on what tyres it is for
    Onlky advantage to going to a tyre shop is the advice they will be able to offer...
    And although the price is good, you still have to add a fitting cost to that....we charge £25/tyre to fit to a bike and £15 to a loose wheel.....we have to make money somewhere if we dont sell the tyres...that does include balanceing aswell...

There are places that will fit them for next to nothing, but the majority of them are car tyre place, and iv seen some real kacked about rims as they dont really have the equipment for bike tyres.

Gav

5. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Gav - the bike dealers in Ciren fit mine for £20 a pair to loose wheels. ;D

For online tyres try http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/

Seem pretty cheap..........

6. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    Gav - the bike dealers in Ciren fit mine for £20 a pair to loose wheels. ;D

For online tyres try http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/

Seem pretty cheap..........
    Thats a good price toi loose wheels, we would charge £30 to do the same........but they would be quicker tyres if i fit them.....

7. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    [quote author=rex the sprocket link=1146500895/0#12 date=1146593348]If you want tyres of the T'internet then look on eBay for the seller cheapbiketyres. £150 a pair delivered FOC.
    That is a good price actually....depending on what tyres it is for
    Onlky advantage to going to a tyre shop is the advice they will be able to offer...
    And although the price is good, you still have to add a fitting cost to that....we charge £25/tyre to fit to a bike and £15 to a loose wheel.....we have to make money somewhere if we dont sell the tyres...that does include balanceing aswell...

There are places that will fit them for next to nothing, but the majority of them are car tyre place, and iv seen some real kacked about rims as they dont really have the equipment for bike tyres.

Gav[/quote]

Not forgeting those extra 8 wheel weights :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X on my rear F.O.C. lol!

I generally take in the rear loose for tyre and fitting, but when it comes to the front and rear I let you guys takeaway the hassle ;D

Seriously very happy with Bike Treads 8-)

8. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Gav
    Can u get me a price for front and rear diablo corsas pls for an 05 600RR...
    to inc fitting etc too.

Cheers

9. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    Gav
    Can u get me a price for front and rear diablo corsas pls for an 05 600RR...
    to inc fitting etc too.

Cheers
    Will sort it on monday for ya mate. Ya sure ya want the CORSA's though and not just the diablos???

10. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    do both...