Notices

Thread: Tyre Buying Advice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Tyre Buying Advice 
    Hi,

Being new to the area an (according to my family) tight as the proverbial...Where's the most competitve for tyres in Swindon? I need a new rear tyre for the bandit and hate having to spend half the day on the phone to find the cheapest!

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    I got a pretty good deal on some BT014 Battleaxe' at Tire Treads in Kembrey Park industrial estate.

Speak to Gav, he works there!

3. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    onfire23
    Always has been my 1st choice for tyres and fitting in Swindon.
    Yep got pair BT014's... there few weeks ago, plenty of tyre wieghts on rear no extra charge Lol...

4. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    there a good set of tyres, not sure which I prefer out of the BTO14' and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa', but they do come at a premium.

5. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by zebedee1984
    there a good set of tyres, not sure which I prefer out of the BTO14' and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa', but they do come at a premium.
    I have ran with Diablo Corsa for several years, decide to go back to Battleaxe just for a change.

PR Diablo Corsa's does tend to suggest they're also a very good tyre.. Horses for courses I guess 8-)

6. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    I have considered the Michelin Pilot powers, especially the new dual compound version, any knowledge on these, as it won't be long before I will be getting some new tyres again.

7. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    onfire23
    Might be worth taking a look at manufactures recom for you motorcycle.

8. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Bike Treads btw:P

9. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    Will you listen to the 2speed gods there...lol
    The Diablo corsa is the thack day version of the Diablo....
    Bridgestone do the same with the BT014 its called the BT014ss....
    THey are both very good tyres, but you should see more progressive feel and grip from the Corsa...and it should maitain its performance longer as it will diserpate the heat more efficantly...there tech bit over...lol

Oh Bike Treads for tyres....as you can read a few people swear by us, and to be fair i thnk we have the best reputation around as far as tyres go...

Number is 01793 615995

Gav

10. Re: Tyre Buying Advice 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Will you listen to the 2speed gods there...lol
    The Diablo corsa is the thack day version of the Diablo....
    Bridgestone do the same with the BT014 its called the BT014ss....
    THey are both very good tyres, but you should see more progressive feel and grip from the Corsa...and it should maitain its performance longer as it will diserpate the heat more efficantly...there tech bit over...lol

Oh Bike Treads for tyres....as you can read a few people swear by us, and to be fair i thnk we have the best reputation around as far as tyres go...

Number is 01793 615995

Gav
    Apart from the Tw*T who brought in two loose spoke wheels off a Honda 750 Road Trallie jobbie...and insisted they put the tyres on the wrong way... always get one plonker, Opps sorry customer! ;D

BikeTreads BTW 8-)