Notices

Thread: Chain cbr1000rr04

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Chain cbr1000rr04 
    onfire23
    After seeing the web site GIXER PAUL posted...Think about changing my Chain for nice gold renthal type.

Any recommendations??

Did think about changing the rear sprocket with extra toothy peg ..seems Honda made that change to the new 2006 Blade. Mine being the 04.

Apparently extra Excelleration Lol! 8-)

2. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Diamond Member
    Extra tooth on rear sprocket will push up the excelleration, but it will knock a bit off the top end (where can you go to find out how much? Autobahns!!??!!)

Read Gixer Pauls comments in Web Site Links bout B&C Express

3. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Make sure you get the right length chain if you are increasing the sprocket size.

I changed my gearing from 17/42 to 15/44 so it is much cleaner out of corners and is better on acceleration (Cadwell, Oulton Park etc) but I lost about 12mph on the top end. Having said that the best top speed I have had on track was 148mph on the Revit Straight at Snetterton so it doesn't really matter.

4. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Diamond Member
    If you are changing your sprocket, then loosing one off the front sprocket will be better for you than going up one on the rear.

5. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire23
    After seeing the web site GIXER PAUL posted...Think about changing my Chain for nice gold renthal type.

Any recommendations??

Did think about changing the rear sprocket with extra toothy peg ..seems Honda made that change to the new 2006 Blade. Mine being the 04.

Apparently extra Excelleration Lol! 8-)
    Just to put you straight my mint knee slider friend,Renthal don't make chains,they make sprockets!
    So you wanna copy the GixerBoys trick shiney chain eh??
    Ok,Regina gold chain (both sides of course) Renthal gold rear sprocket.
    For the road,one down on the front,one up on the back.
    Know a man who will do you a good price so PM me....... 8-)
    Tho' I will warn you,reducing the front sprocket size wiil alter the speedo reading (make it read approx 9% fast) if the sensor is on the sprocket,(some are off the gearbox so if so, not a problem) PM me anyway!

6. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Changing either the front or rear sprocket on the blade will affect the speedo reading.
    Also i would advise against opting for a smaller front as this will reduce chain life(chain has to turn around a tighter radius thus generating more heat and friction)

All of our(bike treads) chains are gold coloured as standard.
    We can also get the renthal front and rear sprockets...

7. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Changing either the front or rear sprocket on the blade will affect the speedo reading.
    Also i would advise against opting for a smaller front as this will reduce chain life(chain has to turn around a tighter radius thus generating more heat and friction)

Really can't really say for sure if changing the rear will alter the speedo reading,just what i've heard from friends that have done the mod, but if the sensor reads off of the gearbox then it won't be an issue anyway.
    As for the small front sprocket increasing wear,1 tooth down will have a negligible effect as I have 1 down ,1 up and still get 10k+ out of a chain and you have first hand experience on how i can ride my bike......don't you Gav! (Chain life is all about keeping it well lubed)

8. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav

If there is a Known calibration issue on digi speedo would this product not resolve the sprocket upgrade
    http://www.4-motorcycles.co.uk/acata...alibrator.html

8-)

9. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Platinum Member
    Loads of speedo calibrators out there Tim,that Yellow box one seems the most popular tho'.

10. Re: Chain cbr1000rr04 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    [quote author=Gav link=1147424255/0#5 date=1147451323]Changing either the front or rear sprocket on the blade will affect the speedo reading.

Really can't really say for sure if changing the rear will alter the speedo reading,just what i've heard from friends that have done the mod, but if the sensor reads off of the gearbox then it won't be an issue anyway.
    As for the small front sprocket increasing wear,1 tooth down will have a negligible effect as I have 1 down ,1 up and still get 10k+ out of a chain and you have first hand experience on how i can ride my bike......don't you Gav! (Chain life is all about keeping it well lubed)
    [/quote]
    Front or rear will affect speedo as they will both do the same thing, alter the amount of times the rear wheel rotates in in comparision to the final drive output shaft.....

No it wont majorly affect chain life by putting a smaller fromt, but non the less it will shorten the life span of the chain, if possible its always better to go up teeth on the rear. However normally doing just that will need a new chain aswell as the original item will be the right lenth fot the oe sprocket sizes.
    Also as a not you should change chain and sprockets as a set, due to the fact they wear as 1item and putting a new sprocket on with a worn chain again will reduce the overall life span of them as a set.

As for 1st hand experiance of ya riding i could hardy focus let alone pay attention to someone elses riding that day, still always next time....