Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
[quote author=Gav link=1147424255/0#5 date=1147451323]Changing either the front or rear sprocket on the blade will affect the speedo reading.
Also i would advise against opting for a smaller front as this will reduce chain life(chain has to turn around a tighter radius thus generating more heat and friction)

All of our(bike treads) chains are gold coloured as standard.
We can also get the renthal front and rear sprockets...
Really can't really say for sure if changing the rear will alter the speedo reading,just what i've heard from friends that have done the mod, but if the sensor reads off of the gearbox then it won't be an issue anyway.
As for the small front sprocket increasing wear,1 tooth down will have a negligible effect as I have 1 down ,1 up and still get 10k+ out of a chain and you have first hand experience on how i can ride my bike......don't you Gav! (Chain life is all about keeping it well lubed)
[/quote]
Front or rear will affect speedo as they will both do the same thing, alter the amount of times the rear wheel rotates in in comparision to the final drive output shaft.....

No it wont majorly affect chain life by putting a smaller fromt, but non the less it will shorten the life span of the chain, if possible its always better to go up teeth on the rear. However normally doing just that will need a new chain aswell as the original item will be the right lenth fot the oe sprocket sizes.
Also as a not you should change chain and sprockets as a set, due to the fact they wear as 1item and putting a new sprocket on with a worn chain again will reduce the overall life span of them as a set.

As for 1st hand experiance of ya riding i could hardy focus let alone pay attention to someone elses riding that day, still always next time....