Quote Originally Posted by Gav
[quote author=GixerBoy link=1147704892/15#19 date=1147860474][quote author=Gav link=1147704892/15#18 date=1147796432]Hmmm maybe...
If fitting the filter and the exhaust you should have a power commander fitted to fine tune for max perfomance, but ot essential.
I can supply a power commander set up for the pipe and filter for your bike, upto you then if you want to dyno run it, but not worth it really.

You ever had a bike on the dyno Gav???[/quote]
Yes have had a couple done mate.
Also fit alot of jet kits and power commanders and have had alot of people come back after a dyno run saying it was pretty much spot on and didnt need adjusting.
I normally set them up using a CO meter to set up mixture through the rev range...
And with the power commanders you can download specific maps for different pipes and filters online from PDQ in slough, so they will have been set up on the rollers and save the hassle of doing it yourself.
The only time i think you will benefit from a session on the rollers with just a pipe/filter and PC is if you are flash and are 3D mapping for ignition aswell......but as i said its down to preference and if you think your specific bike needs a session....most dont!
But then again its good pub talk to have a nice looking graph showing your gee gee'sssss[/quote]

Don't know how you can set up the fueling 'throughout the rev range' with a CO meter static........ :
Every bike is different mate and i'm sure you know that bikes are set up from the factory to cope with emissions and noise regs so even a standard bike set up properly on a dyno would show improvements throughout the rev range.....i'm not concerned with just top line horsepower figures,driveability and touqre is where its at on the road!
Well aware of down loadable maps but like i said,every bike is different,rolling road the only way too do the job proper!