Notices

Thread: K&N

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. K&N 
    onfire23
    Does anyone know in step by step process, how to remove the plastic tank shroud and how to fit K&N Filers (2) to a CBR1000RR. Oh if you know the Air filter flap mod it would be a bonus!

Help please! :-/

2. Re: K&N 
    Never done one, but wont be too hard mate...if ya get stuck gimme a bell and il come show ya how!!!! 07763744839

3. Re: K&N 
    onfire23
    Thanks for that Gav,

I need to order the filter first will give you a shout if I come unstuck. Appreciated.

Tim 8-)

4. Re: K&N 
    No problem fella...

5. Re: K&N 
    Diamond Member
    I know its a Granny egg sucking moment but dont forget to re-jet the carbs etc as BIG holes in the pistons are a real bugger for the compression ratio.

Weak mixture = BANG! = 0 compression = F.O.A.D bill for a rebuild!!

6. Re: K&N 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante 271
    I know its a Granny egg sucking moment but dont forget to re-jet the carbs etc as BIG holes in the pistons are a real bugger for the compression ratio.

Weak mixture = BANG! = 0 compression = F.O.A.D bill for a rebuild!!
    Not too worry when it goes bang, will put the original filter in and take it in under warranty Lol! ;D
    Dyno what I am doing

7. Re: K&N 
    Diamond Member
    I cocked it up one time and now I have a piston (The other had a hole the size of a penny in the top!) as an ash tray! The hole for the gudgen pin is just right for putting my fag in it!

8. Re: K&N 
    onfire23
    Did that once to my AE 80 messed around with the carb float level .. couple days latter blew a hole in the top of the Piston.

Yep I owned a Kawi, well I was only 18 young irresponsible, easily impressed no change there Lol!

;D

9. Re: K&N 
    Diamond Member
    LOL! Those AE80s were pretty good fun for the size of the engine tho!

Blowing a piston on a 271cc 2stroke twin on a shake down run on the M4 made it a bloody slow 135.5 single as I struggled to limp off at Leigh Delly and limp 10miles home! Oh the joys of a re-bore!

10. Re: K&N 
    onfire23
    Miss those days well not kawi 350 triple did't they try to ban it because it was too fast or something?
    Suzy Ram Air, Yam RD LC still remember smell castrol R... Now surely I should be a senior member..CBX

Blah blah

;D ;D

Think I'll de-bore my Blade to take me back to the 80's Lo!!