Notices

Thread: Honda servicing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Honda servicing 
    ChantelleT
    Can anybody recommend anywhere tht is good for getting a CBR600 serviced. Never had the bike serviced so not really too clued up on best garages to go to. (Price wise too). Was thinkin fowlers til i heard them refered to as fowlups
    thanks

2. Re: Honda servicing 
    there's place down in salisbury which may help.

the honda dealership has closed down, but the 2 senior mechanics have set up their own workshop around the corner.

i'll try and find out what name they are going under nowadays if you like
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Honda servicing 
    Platinum Member
    have you tried taylor racing chippenahm or calne?

4. Re: Honda servicing 
    Steve Lynham in Swindon seemed pretty good. I've only had the MOT done there, but has been recommended to me by a number of people.

Kingsdown Rd
    Swindon
    SN25 6PB

01793 820630
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

5. Re: Honda servicing 
    Quote Originally Posted by b_1_rd
    Steve Lynham in Swindon seemed pretty good. I've only had the MOT done there, but has been recommended to me by a number of people.

Kingsdown Rd
    Swindon
    SN25 6PB

01793 820630

nooooooooooooooooooooo

apart from Steve and one other (GB knows his name) who works there.............the rest i wouldn't trust again to work on my bike after i took it up there a few weeks ago.

cheap but somewhat under standard service IMO

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: Honda servicing 
    Oh well, there goes that idea then! Seems like everywhere thats suggested these days, someone has a bad experience from there. I'm not sure I trust my bike with anyone! Think I'll be doing most stuff myself, then if it goes wrong, I can't blame anyone else!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

7. Re: Honda servicing 
    Bike Treads
    Unit 7 Ash
    Kembrey Park
    Swindon

We can do it at a very competitive price

8. Re: Honda servicing 
    I took Lees ZXR to Steve Lynham to get the valve clearances done. Bearing in mind that it was completely stripped, even to point of the cam cover being off, and he still somehow managed to charge us £86!
    Sorry, but that aint cheap, nor is it good service.
    I really dispair for people who can't do it themselves since every bike shop I've been to seems out to make a quick buck from us.
    And that includes Biketreads!! (£30 to fit a pair of supplied tyres to loose rims when I was quoted £12)

Jen.

9. Re: Honda servicing 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Bike Treads
    Unit 7 Ash
    Kembrey Park
    Swindon

We can do it at a very competitive price
    :-/
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

10. Re: Honda servicing 
    Quote Originally Posted by desmojen
    I took Lees ZXR to Steve Lynham to get the valve clearances done. Bearing in mind that it was completely stripped, even to point of the cam cover being off, and he still somehow managed to charge us £86!
    Sorry, but that aint cheap, nor is it good service.
    I really dispair for people who can't do it themselves since every bike shop I've been to seems out to make a quick buck from us.
    And that includes Biketreads!! (£30 to fit a pair of supplied tyres to loose rims when I was quoted £12)

Jen.
    Sorry to hear that you think the local bike shops are over charging, but you have to bear in mind that they are a business and you run a business to make money not do everyone a favour.
    As for the valve clearences...well you did the easy bit, the time is taken in measunig the gap, removing the cams, replacing the shims putting it all back togehter and re measuring it...evan with the bike in a stipped state it is still a good 2hours work.....if you think 86quid is high, take it to a mian dealer and you will realise how cheap you actually got it done,

As for 30qui for a pair of tyres you supplied fitted and balanced...im going to assume they where new tyres supplied elsewhere....as i said before its a business....take a packet of bugers you bought in tesco to McDonalds and ask them to cook them......
    We charge £10 to fit a tyre supplied by yourself onto a loose rim and £5 to balance.....2 wheels=£30
    As the business is so seasonal no where bar the big dealers can afford to operate at a loss or not charge for work carried out, if we are not making money in selling tyres then we have to make it elsewhere and it is not unreasonable to charge for a service we can provide....
    Rant over..

Now as for the servicing the Honda which this thread is all about, all the above mentioned places will be able to do the job for you, the main dealers will charge you main dealer prices though.
    We will charge around the £120 for a small service(everything apart from valve clearences)
    and £200ish for a full service to include clearences.
    Hope this is of some help.